YOLO ALERTS

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Ok racer no games this time.

2nd hand, thrift store YOLO. Couple of Matt's personal boards. No seizure inducing sprays here. 6-4 Bullet Twin, 6-6 BPUNT. They feel good, especially the Bullet.
Nice! I got the other BPUNT - 6' 9" Matt made for himself but never surfed. I got for it a slopey break that goes well in bigger waves and haven't quite figured out the right board for it yet. I had two sessions so far and it has gone well - though in the lower end of the wave range. I believe this is right board for the spot.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Ah, looks like one fin is slightly forward in the pics.

Interested to hear your feedback on this one :cheers:
oh, yeah I see what you're saying. it's just the way the board is tilted.

Reactions: jkb

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Nice! I got the other BPUNT - 6' 9" Matt made for himself but never surfed. I got for it a slopey break that goes well in bigger waves and haven't quite figured out the right board for it yet. I had two sessions so far and it has gone well - though in the lower end of the wave range. I believe this is right board for the spot.
glad to hear. you running thruster or twin + trailer? this one reminds me of an Insanity with a more refined front end. maybe a little more pronounced concave as well. i have a couple spots in mind that sound similar to what you're describing. deeper water reef waves that aren't usually super steep but can break pretty big.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Nice scoop @Aruka ! Were those even up on the site or did you order off-menu cause your bros with Matt?
I wasn't gonna say anything until I had a chance to ride it next week, but I scooped up Matt's 7' asym plasmic last week. I'd exchanged a few messages with him about it (after it came up during Yuri's youtube interview with him. LOL) and he seemed to be liking it a lot the last couple months. So naturally, I been building this (or a Townsend with plasmic channel) on the Varial site for a few weeks now. LOL
It'll really be another crowd killer for our stupid crowds in our average waves. But will be curious how that channel holds in some bigger waves after being really impressed with my smaller plasmic's versatility.
#usedYOLO #oopsididitagain
IMG_1425.jpg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Nice scoop @Aruka ! Were those even up on the site or did you order off-menu cause your bros with Matt?
I wasn't gonna say anything until I had a chance to ride it next week, but I scooped up Matt's 7' asym plasmic last week. I'd exchanged a few messages with him about it (after it came up during Yuri's youtube interview with him. LOL) and he seemed to be liking it a lot the last couple months. So naturally, I been building this (or a Townsend with plasmic channel) on the Varial site for a few weeks now. LOL
It'll really be another crowd killer for our stupid crowds in our average waves. But will be curious how that channel holds in some bigger waves after being really impressed with my smaller plasmic's versatility.
View attachment 115542
damn. looks fun as. keep me posted on how you like it, especially in small waves.

the ones i got were up on the site. looks like they are from the same batch as yours. redwood (?) stringer...

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
View attachment 115542
dibs!