Racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
In that Bobby interview with Stab he says he rode Nathan's quads in Hawaii and loved them. Came back to CA and ordered a three pack from Stretch. Then told CI to make him something like that. They showed the stretch order sheet in the video (SuperBuzz, BuzzSaw and Mr Buzz). Based on the sizes I'm seeing Bobby, Yadin and Parker ride, I'm thinking it's a SuperBuzz.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
what makes you want this more than the Stretch?
Stretch's pricing is getting wild for me. Last 5'3 was $1,150 with shipping, and that was with a discount for being a repeat customer.

I am in no position to tell legendary shapers what to charge, but as a consumer I have a threshold.

A CI Varial could be around $850-900 with shipping, depending on customization.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
In that Bobby interview with Stab he says he rode Nathan's quads in Hawaii and loved them. Came back to CA and ordered a three pack from Stretch. Then told CI to make him something like that. They showed the stretch order sheet in the video (SuperBuzz, BuzzSaw and Mr Buzz). Based on the sizes I'm seeing Bobby, Yadin and Parker ride, I'm thinking it's a SuperBuzz.
mods. move this to the imitation flattery thread

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
That wide tail looked a little hard for Parker to control.
I see some Cole trunk board influence on the outline and a similar variation of a Tomo V4 tail (but not really).

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Stretch's pricing is getting wild for me. Last 5'3 was $1,150 with shipping, and that was with a discount for being a repeat customer.

I am in no position to tell legendary shapers what to charge, but as a consumer I have a threshold.

A CI Varial could be around $850-900 with shipping, depending on customization.
Fair enough. If QC is equal... do you think you prefer Varial vs XTR construction? I’m varial-curious

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
That wide tail looked a little hard for Parker to control.
I see some Cole trunk board influence on the outline and a similar variation of a Tomo V4 tail (but not really).

where do you see any point where he was lacking in control? Thing looks like it does exactly what he wants it to do-- the two slides he does on those two backside wraps are perfect controlled slides

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Only 3 sessions on my varial but I already like it better than XTR. The flex is like PU. XTR always felt a little stiff to me, but I figured it was part of the give and take for added durability. But if Varial is as durable as XTR, then varial having PU flex is a no brainer. I also very much like Stretch CFT as it is durable and has a lot of pop, but again not as nice flex as Varial. So again, if Varial is as durable as Stretch CFT, then Varial with the PU flex is again no brainer.

Price wise, Varial is cheaper than CFT but more expensive than XTR. If you factor that you have to get color on XTR (cause it yellows quick), then Varial is only a little more.

Reactions: sdsrfr and oeste858