Boat Wreck in Marin

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
5-6 days ago was being south to scrap in mex.tow line broke during last friday's swell and into the rocks she went. that swell had some weight behind it and conditions have been marginal since.

seems like the coast guard could pull it off the rocks but they probably want no part in the mess

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
The paradox of this event - animal rights vegan environmentalists will be both happy and sad that the boat ran aground.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
seems like the coast guard could pull it off the rocks but they probably want no part in the mess
We had something similar happen a few years back and the POS boat is still on the rocks, falling apart. Will never leave, now.

I wrote everyone I could think of; County supervisors, Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol...

They all had reasons why they weren't responsible to remove it.

• Sad
Reactions: Boneroni and caelho

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
We had something similar happen a few years back and the POS boat is still on the rocks, falling apart. Will never leave, now.

I wrote everyone I could think of; County supervisors, Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol...

They all had reasons why they weren't responsible to remove it.
been boatwrecks as long as theres been people. spent my gromhood watching the dominator slowly fall apart

amazing how fast the beach takes boats

theres one on the beach under where you and your kid surfed this past fall. every once in a while it ghosts up out of the sand only to disappear again within a few weeks.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Let's say I had access to a boat that could drag that wreck off the rocks and then a place to repair it.

Would that be a legitimate salvage and owners with title would be SOL? Anyone with marine law knowledge want to chime in?
It was being towed to Mexico for scrap, not worth salvaging at this point.

Insurance?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
been boatwrecks as long as theres been people. spent my gromhood watching the dominator slowly fall apart

theres one on the beach under where you and your kid surfed this past fall. every once in a while it ghosts up out of the sand only to disappear again within a few weeks.
Didn’t you read the article?

That boat is going to be stuck there FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Didn’t you read the article?

That boat is going to be stuck there FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!
good one.
Is that what the science is saying? :unsure:
One doesn't even need to know math.

Boolean logic => (steel and wood) and (ocean and waves and time) = 0

I remember an old wreck from the 60's that moaned more than any gal you've ever seen, at high tide sessions in 82/83. She all broke down now...

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
good one.
Is that what the science is saying? :unsure:
One doesn't even need to know math.

Boolean logic => (steel and wood) and (ocean and waves and time) = 0

I remember an old wreck from the 60's that moaned more than any gal you've ever seen, at high tide sessions in 82/83. She all broke down now...
forever is a long time. there's a Civil War blockade runner sunk about 50 yards off my local, still visible at dead low tide. i've paddled out to it - all that's left is the paddle wheel but you can still stand on it, 160 years after it went down. They don't make them like that anymore.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: dunnder

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
The metal sticking out of the reef at Kaisers was always freaky to me. Leash would get hooked once and a while. I was told it was from the car dumped out there.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I'm still searching for one eyed willies ship wreck, just thought you would like to know.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA

We'll see. This one is perched up on the rocks with no sand to sink into; gonna be there a WHILE.