Is TESLA the new surfmobile? ERmag looks to find out...

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Maybe it's Quality Control.

You launch a space shot with a bunch of live wigglers. It's Good.

You launch a non biological cargo and it explodes....

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL

It is worth noting the author is hip (she will teach you "how to dress like a Californian" )
and woke (white privileged ally) .

All these Teslas I'm seeing have convinced me to upgrade to a 2500 from my 1500 next year when I get a new truck. I'm shooting to get no more than 8 real world miles per gallon so I'll probably add a small lift and fit some 33x12's or so. Get around 12 now in my 1500 Silverado.

Also, WTF is this sh!t:

"In this brand new car, I felt like I had betrayed the covenant of anti-material bohemianism I had agreed upon as a surfer"

What a clown.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
if a Prius dad ficked a bmw mom, a Tesla driver would fall out.

what annoys me is I flip them off for driving like a bonehead and they throw a look back like “who me?!?“. Yes you, shitfuck
Did they even have their hands on the wheel? A guy at work told me he doesn't really have to drive his Tesla. I didn't like him so I didn't tell him about the several Tesla drivers who have been turned into black spots by allowing the Tesla to drive them. They tend to believe their Tesla is like Kit from Knight-Rider. The reality is much different, but Tesla owners are not from a reality-based community.

Oct 18, 2020
PNW
Noticed here in my neck of the woods lots more Tesla’s sporting surfboards
on roof, young Techies mostly and fashionoble in Patagonia puff jackets:p
oh ya and XTRATUF rain boots all the rage now too...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Noticed here in my neck of the woods lots more Tesla’s sporting surfboards
on roof, young Techies mostly and fashionoble in Patagonia puff jackets:p
This gives you a good idea of what these people think of themselves. Why would you pull up to a break looking like a rich @sshole? You have to have pretty much no self-awareness to do something like that.

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
This gives you a good idea of what these people think of themselves. Why would you pull up to a break looking like a rich @sshole? You have to have pretty much no self-awareness to do something like that.
You must not be from SoCal...

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I don't. Just stay the fook out of the left lane if you aren't going at least 10 mph over.
In LA now you have to be going 85 in the fast lane. I'll be going 80 and people will be coming up in my rear view and I have to move over.

Oh yeah, and people in old beater cars are often driving the fastest. Sometimes I think they're just pissed off at life and express their rage with their right foot.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why do you guys care WTF other people drive?
The article in question was straight trash.

With respect to caring WTF other people drive, I fckng hate straight piped cars that don't warrant it. If your car is rear/all wheel drive, has a manual or a serious double-clutch, okay. Otherwise, your car is an SUV or an economy car and all cat delete does is make stink and noise pollution. You got .2 more horsepower to the wheels, and 2000000% more donkeypower The overwhelming majority of passenger cars, anything header/exhaust, all it does is amplify a shitty engine note.

Trucks, especially lifted trucks, whose owners fucking insist on driving everywhere with their brights on. Busy suburban sprawl 20 miles from the nearest road without street lights galore. Brights. Well-traveled interstate, half a dozen cars within 80 yards of front bumper. Brights.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Did they even have their hands on the wheel?
most often not. Usually driving the speed limit playing on their phones while flow of traffic flies by. They look up to my middle finger and thus the confused look.

Don’t they know the fast lane in socal is on the right?

I did once see a super hot chick in a self driving suv, two handed eating a salad. I creepered in awe for a few exits. she got a pass bc it wasnt a Tesla and wasn’t playing on her phone.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
In LA now you have to be going 85 in the fast lane. I'll be going 80 and people will be coming up in my rear view and I have to move over.
Sweet. LA fucking rules. Last time I drove on the 5/405, a Monday evening rush hour, I was going 80 the entire time in the 2nd or 3rd from left lanes, and the left lane was always there for me when I gained on slower vehicle(s) in front of me. One jackass kid on a cell phone on the 5 blabbing in the left lane heading up to that pass by Fort Tejon. Smooth sailing onto I-10 into Santa Monica.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
If everyone in California buys one of these (remember, in 2025, it's the law! :LOL: ) we're going to need to produce a shlt ton more electricity.

Since nuclear power is too scary, how many windmills is that gonna take, hippies?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm more worried about me hitting silent cars than silent cars hitting me. Every time I'm riding my bike and I do a head check or whatever and see a Tesla or Prius or something I didn't hear well within the range I'd hear something quiet like a Lexus, I get a minor urge to doodie my pantaloons. Pavlov told me there'd be audibility and doppler.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I see more Tesla's over-speeding on community streets, than freeways.

Passing around everyone in school zones and idiocy like that. Like if they don't squeeze those last few miles out of their batteries before they get home, they might not make it?