Is TESLA the new surfmobile? ERmag looks to find out...

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

It is worth noting the author is hip (she will teach you "how to dress like a Californian" )
and woke (white privileged ally) .
The writers at Surfer just weren't any good. The Beach Grit writers are much better. They're not writing the next great novel, but their nihilistic chitpoasting / trolling is catchy and entertaining. They get that they're their job is to entertain and they do it with wit. They joke about their subject, themselves, and their readers all at the same time. You can't teach writing like this (at least, none of the teachers on this board could).

The articles I've read in Surfer OTOH seem to fall into several categories: an ad that's not supposed to read like an ad (we're all immune to this), a BORING buddhist journey of self-discovery travelogue (I don't need to read Siddhartha over and over again in different forms), or preachy political moralism (the market is already flooded).

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I can fit my 7' 6" wedged into the back of the Model 3 trunk with the back seat folded down and it extends out between the front seats a bit. heh heh. The Model X or newer Model Y should have plenty of room for boards inside.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
it's anecdotal, but the last few times i've been nearly run over by a car while on a bicycle have been by teslas. It definitely seems like the hot new car for shitty drivers.
So many fuggin DORKS drive Tesla's (including me) lol. Really though, you have to expect that the most tech'd out electric car would draw in the geek squad. ??

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Do the 360 degree cameras operate at all times?
Yep, my coworker who parked next to me had a Tesla and whenever I'd go to my car if she was still working it'd set off "Sentry Mode" and it'd light up and start taking pics/video that I believe got sent to her. I always thought about showing off some rat brain, but ya know #metoo and stuff. Also when she got rear ended it caught it all on video, you could see the girl who hit her clearly on her phone.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I can fit my 7' 6" wedged into the back of the Model 3 trunk with the back seat folded down and it extends out between the front seats a bit. heh heh. The Model X or newer Model Y should have plenty of room for boards inside.
What's the process to lock it for surfing?

Regarding the article, other than the fact that the target market is millennials and all advertorial targeting them is hot doodoo confirmed:

1. Most of the time that I'm getting out of my car, and I'm not going into my house, I don't want to take my cell phone with me. I want to leave it in the car. I'm going fishing. I'm going surfing. I'm going into a store. F--k the phone key.
2. She didn't answer the key question.
3. The Subaru wagons and Tundra/Taco/4Runner she is talking about, the people I know with those didn't buy them new.

Last edited:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Was happy that my O'neill Psycho 1 has the back dam panel behind the zipper as I was able to put the Tesla key card inside the bottom of the back zip for last weeks surf. heh heh.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta