donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
996 is my current not so daily driver. (seal gray) :p

i thought you had a 9&
996 is my current not so daily driver. (seal gray) :p

i thought you had a 986?

this used to be my daily driver, took me a while to figure out i needed some kind of hatchback. ‘89 carrera, g50 trans...

board is 5’10” hynson, the earlier ones with the black rectangle logo. hard down tails all the way around, super tough glass job, 50/50 foiled plywood glass-ons. should have kept it.

61B68C94-CCA3-4AD3-8E14-B87D002B9861.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
i thought you had a 9&

i thought you had a 986?

this used to be my daily driver, took me a while to figure out i needed some kind of hatchback. ‘89 carrera, g50 trans...

board is 5’10” hynson, the earlier ones with the black rectangle logo. hard down tails all the way around, super tough glass job, 50/50 foiled plywood glass-ons. should have kept it.

View attachment 99785
LOVE THE HYNSON!!!!

too bad Mattison is such a fkn monster....the world should be surfing more Hynsons

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
i thought you had a 986?
No, it's a 996, It's all about the 911 coupe w/manual tranny for me.

http://instagr.am/p/B_cHBJjBhP3/

View attachment 99785
Everything about that photo. :love:

Should have kept both. 964 and early Hynson go for top busks.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
i thought you had a 9&

i thought you had a 986?

View attachment 99785
Sweet turtleneck.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

you nitwit!

i haven’t had a turtleneck since my mom
bought me one in grammar school...:roflmao:

although it’s supposed to be a rough winter
here... does outerknown make some xtra
stylish versions?

i need to look at some old “sprockets” vids
for inspiration!

Jul 21, 2015
Black mountain cycles in NorCal is the game changer. mike Varley is a guru. he has a new one coming called la Cabra. Will be a quiver killer.

i still ride on my titanium 1998 voodoo loa which is an aggressive cyclocross // monstercross bike for its day.

for how popular gravel is I can tell you I see few people out on drop bars in the dirt. I spent 6 hours on the bici on Saturday and can count on one hand how many drop bar bikes were out and about.. and that includes me and my friend I was riding with!!

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
^ You know Mike? He hasn't posted that frame name in his blog or in the email he sends out. What do you know about this La Cabra frame? Spill some beans!

Oh never mind, just noticed he updated his webpage.:foreheadslap:

Last edited:
Reactions: fargy483
Jul 21, 2015
I don’t know mike. He wouldnt know me. I’m a fan Though. I have ridden his monstercross; it’s gold. I may get a la cabra. He teased us on insta 6 months ago. I’ve been following closely since. ill try to find It but I saw the geo specs on another website to share.

you live up that way? You have a bmc?

^ You know Mike? He hasn't posted that frame name in his blog or in the email he sends out. What do you know about this La Cabra frame? Spill some beans!

Oh never mind, just noticed he updated his webpage.:foreheadslap:

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Saw a broken Canyon frame on the A ride this weekend all you commie China carbon fanboys..
This was a CFR model which snapped on the seatstay. Dude thought he had a flat till the thing sheared.
Helping push that guy back was a BITCH!

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Black mountain cycles in NorCal is the game changer. mike Varley is a guru. he has a new one coming called la Cabra. Will be a quiver killer.

i still ride on my titanium 1998 voodoo loa which is an aggressive cyclocross // monstercross bike for its day.

for how popular gravel is I can tell you I see few people out on drop bars in the dirt. I spent 6 hours on the bici on Saturday and can count on one hand how many drop bar bikes were out and about.. and that includes me and my friend I was riding with!!
Game changer might be a bit of hyperbole. I have a Black Mountain. Built a new bike with a Jamis steel frame that upped my game. People talk highly of him. I called him for some input after I got the bike and he acted like a bit of a “guru” and wasn’t willing to provide any advice about his own bike.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I don’t know mike. He wouldnt know me. I’m a fan Though. I have ridden his monstercross; it’s gold. I may get a la cabra. He teased us on insta 6 months ago. I’ve been following closely since. ill try to find It but I saw the geo specs on another website to share.

you live up that way? You have a bmc?

I live in San Francisco, know about Black Mt Cycles from friends. Am considering getting the MDC. This new frame of his sounds like it would overlap the '90s hardtail I already have....what is old is new again (with improvements).

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Should have kept both. 964 and early Hynson go for top busks. [/QUOTE said:
just to clarify, mine was an ‘89 carerra - 964 began with ‘90 model year, so some must’ve been built in 89. i don’t like them. they look shitty and they had head problems. they got the mods right with the 996 though...

carerras were ‘84 - ‘89, with the 87 - 89 having the superior g50 5 speed trans.
the previous 915 trans not as good...

the carerras were the last of the original 911 body style. they were fast and still had a lot of the “raw” feel to them. blast to drive!

a few times in my then local surf spot parking lot, i’d see a nice sc (78 -83) parked there. didn’t know the guy who had it though... i liked those too, except maybe for the exploding air boxes...

if mine hasn’t been wrecked, it’s worth a LOT of $$$ now... oh well.

:jamon:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
LOVE THE HYNSON!!!!

too bad Mattison is such a fkn monster....the world should be surfing more Hynsons

what’s the deal with s.m? wasn’t there a bunch of neg talk here on the erbb about all those von sol boards a while back?

i was in surfride talking to him the day clark sent out his endsville notice, and he brought out the fax and let me read it - which i thought was pretty cool.

a year or so later i did an impulse buy on a merrick fish there and he knocked off a nice chunk of change on it - without me even haggling on the price. maybe he felt sympathy for a fellow east coast refugee?

excellent gent in my limited experiece!

(that m.h. fish came out of icons in san clemente.)

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
fooled me twice. wouldn't wish what he did on my worst enemy

I don't care how much design forum people want to hump their von lols

fkd t!ts to toes

...just checked net and Hynson is "retired" now

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I love how you think you're better than us by avoiding the political forum yet you still manage to argue like a little bitch with her panties in a bunch in every thread as if it were the political forum. Might as well go back, you're not doing yourself nearly the good you think you are.
He likes to argue, but he can't help it. It is his spicy Filipino blood