Reactions: plasticbertrand

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I actually don't disagree with you here

Difference is I'd rather keep more of my own money and decide how it gets spent

What a radical concept!
I'd like it if, when we pay our taxes, WE get to decide where to allocate OUR contribution- education welfare, defense, etc etc. Take your total contribution and fill in the amount in the respective boxes. Do you think the citizens of this country would have the same priorities as elected officials? Personally I'm guessing the defense budget might shrink a little and funding healthcare (call it personal defense- fighting for your life) might go up.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I'd like it if, when we pay our taxes, WE get to decide where to allocate OUR contribution- education welfare, defense, etc etc. Take your total contribution and fill in the amount in the respective boxes. Do you think the citizens of this country would have the same priorities as elected officials? Personally I'm guessing the defense budget might shrink a little and funding healthcare (call it personal defense- fighting for your life) might go up.
Worst idea ever.

It's like letting Americans decide whether they want to wear masks during a pandemic.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Nah, eliminate the middle man

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I can't help but think that this would be an awesome Family Feud question back in the day. 100 people on the street asked what they would earmark their taxes towards. Top 5 answers on the board.

Sending me to Disneyland would probably be #1.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I can't help but think that this would be an awesome Family Feud question back in the day. 100 people on the street asked what they would earmark their taxes towards. Top 5 answers on the board.

Sending me to Disneyland would probably be #1.
My idea is not that you get to make up the categories. You allocate to the categories given.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
My idea is not that you get to make up the categories. You allocate to the categories given.
While that isn't quite as much fun, clever wordplay could have some great effects, like GWS accidentally earmarking his entire taxes towards Shaun Tomson's School of Surf Etiquette.

• Angry
Reactions: GWS_2

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
The policies and theories they operate on are even more insane than the QAnon stuff.

I love it when you double down and simultaneously continue making the accusations of what you exactly are doing
I disagree. I think that Qanon is the most insane. They believe Hillary Clinton and the "elites" are satanic, pedophile, cannibal vampires without any evidence of any kind. It just sounds true to them.:) They think Hillary Clinton and friends torture children so their blood will have Adrenochrome to keep them young. Hillary does not look young. There is nothing comparable. It is the stupidest conspiracy theory of all time. And they like Trump, so he likes them back.

"The FBI identified QAnon as a threat in a May 2019 memo outlining how “fringe political conspiracy theories very likely motivate some domestic extremists to commit criminal, sometimes violent activity.”

"The memo listed a handful of examples of how QAnon has led to criminal activity. One example: a June 2018 incident involving a man armed with assault rifles and handguns, who blocked a bridge near the Hoover Dam in an armored vehicle while making demands related to the QAnon movement. Another incident involved an armed group that harassed citizens and businesses in Tucson, Arizona, as they “investigated” claims of an alleged, nearby sex trafficking ring. In August 2020, a woman was arrested on aggravated assault charges after she chased down and attacked a woman she falsely believed was involved in sex trafficking."

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/08/21/qanon-2020-election/

Last edited:

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
QANON promoting civil unrest by saying ANTIFA are setting fires in Oregon.

The Jackson County Sheriff's Office in Oregon also took to Facebook on Thursday asking people not to spread false information.
"We are inundated with questions about things that are FAKE stories. One example is a story circulating that varies about what group is involved as to setting fires and arrests being made," they wrote, adding, "THIS IS NOT TRUE!"
And police in the city of Medford said screenshots of what purported to be a Facebook post from the police department's account were fake. In the screenshot, a post showed a man's picture and claimed five people were arrested in connection with arson.
"We did not arrest this person for arson, nor anyone affiliated with Antifa or 'Proud Boys' as we've heard throughout the day. Also, no confirmed gatherings of Antifa which has also been reported," police wrote.
Medford police told CNN it requested the fake posts be removed from other Facebook accounts and posted a notice on its own page about the bogus claims, but "we are still getting calls, from local and out of the area, asking if it's true."
Proud Boys is a far-right group.
In the anonymous online posting, "Q" also shared a link to a post from a Washington State trooper who said a 36-year-old male had been arrested for setting a fire. Authorities in Washington, however, gave no indication that the alleged arson was politically motivated. CNN has reached out for comment.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
QANON promoting civil unrest by saying ANTIFA are setting fires in Oregon.

The Jackson County Sheriff's Office in Oregon also took to Facebook on Thursday asking people not to spread false information.
"We are inundated with questions about things that are FAKE stories. One example is a story circulating that varies about what group is involved as to setting fires and arrests being made," they wrote, adding, "THIS IS NOT TRUE!"
And police in the city of Medford said screenshots of what purported to be a Facebook post from the police department's account were fake. In the screenshot, a post showed a man's picture and claimed five people were arrested in connection with arson.
"We did not arrest this person for arson, nor anyone affiliated with Antifa or 'Proud Boys' as we've heard throughout the day. Also, no confirmed gatherings of Antifa which has also been reported," police wrote.
Medford police told CNN it requested the fake posts be removed from other Facebook accounts and posted a notice on its own page about the bogus claims, but "we are still getting calls, from local and out of the area, asking if it's true."
Proud Boys is a far-right group.
In the anonymous online posting, "Q" also shared a link to a post from a Washington State trooper who said a 36-year-old male had been arrested for setting a fire. Authorities in Washington, however, gave no indication that the alleged arson was politically motivated. CNN has reached out for comment.
just think...someone is taking the time to fabricate these stories and doctor these images

the purpose is obvious

it's disgusting

if ANTIFA is so bad, you shouldn't need to make.sh!t.up.

• Haha
Reactions: redrider

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
just think...someone is taking the time to fabricate these stories and doctor these images

the purpose is obvious

it's disgusting

if ANTIFA is so bad, you shouldn't need to make.sh!t.up.
LOL the FBI posed as Hamas, got two Boogaloo Boys who are members of the Boojahideen to provide them with some type of tool or device to help convert guns to fully auto, and not even Hamas wants anything to do with them.

Although Boojahideen is pretty funny. In general, the Boogaloo Boys are pretty funny. Can you imagine if antifa had started tactically ambushing police and trying to work with FBI agents posing as Hamas? We'd probably have to hear Kayleigh McEnany flap her amoral trap about it.

“When we read about this, it was really shocking to connect our movement with such extremists,” said Basem Naim, a Hamas member who is the head of the Council on International Relations in Gaza, in an interview with The Intercept.

Reactions: afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
LOL the FBI posed as Hamas, got two Boogaloo Boys who are members of the Boojahideen to provide them with some type of tool or device to help convert guns to fully auto, and not even Hamas wants anything to do with them.

Although Boojahideen is pretty funny. In general, the Boogaloo Boys are pretty funny. Can you imagine if antifa had started tactically ambushing police and trying to work with FBI agents posing as Hamas? We'd probably have to hear Kayleigh McEnany flap her amoral trap about it.
this is the most mind-boggling part of the story

look at this common BLM protestor:

1599848740644.png

I'm trying to come up with a good portmanteau for ANTIFA + Benghazi