Channel Islands Surfboards

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I had a flyer 2 and a black beauty a couple years ago. Give or take a decade or more.

How are things under Britt?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Anyone got deets on their round twin??
I thought I mentioned in another thread it's coming out early 2021. I saw Rich Silva's (CI rep) on CL a few months ago, so obviously he didn't love it, but he also flies through boards as you'd expect someone would that's probably paying peanuts for them.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Props to CI. They've handled the transition away from Slater and Al about as well as possible. The new models always look fun, and their accessories are great too.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I had a flyer 2 and a black beauty a couple years ago. Give or take a decade or more.

How are things under Britt?
Boards are good and the glassing quality has improved.

I love how Britt is not shy about giving credit to and propping up the “ghost” shapers there. They really aren’t ghost shapers anymore. When new designs are made the shaper(s) that worked on it get full credit.

He’s also pretty open about how boards are influenced from other boards from other shapers.

Also, Britt has been hand shaping for Dane and Bobby for years and doesn’t really promote it much. Still puts his dad’s name on the boards.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
the part that impresses me is while a lot of the big brands are going over seas for their future-epoxy-techs CI has managed to apply a model that still supports domestic products and craftsmen.

really freaking cool to see because it’s not the easy solution nor the most obvious path to make such an endeavor profitable.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I love how Britt is not shy about giving credit to and propping up the “ghost” shapers there. They really aren’t ghost shapers anymore. When new designs are made the shaper(s) that worked on it get full credit.

He’s also pretty open about how boards are influenced from other boards from other shapers.
I appreciate this as well. Scrubbers for other big brands don't get ANY love....

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Boards are good and the glassing quality has improved.

That is definitely new and I don't think any other brands do that.

Reactions: stringcheese

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
the part that impresses me is while a lot of the big brands are going over seas for their future-epoxy-techs CI has managed to apply a model that still supports domestic products and craftsmen.

really freaking cool to see because it’s not the easy solution nor the most obvious path to make such an endeavor profitable.
and customizable dims and even rail volume unlike fireturd

Reactions: sdsrfr

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I've had two CI boards. Both magic

CI Proton - Going on 10 years now. Still my favorite board ever made. It was shaped and glassed in Hawaii. Don't think they glass any here now days.

CI Fever - Great board. Will buy another when this one breaks. It feels like a toned down version of the Proton that works in almost everything. The Proton really needs push to turn on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Loved the Flyer 2 swallow tail, had an MX? shortboard years ago that was magic, ordered a copy that was a dog.