BLM Paddle Out, Moonlight Beach

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I apologise for pointing out the trendiness of the (white) protesters. I hope they really do want real change and help find a clearer path to help effect that change...
I‘m sure they want something that they can call change.

Most likely by next month it will be back to business as usual and they will be on to the next thing that’s “trending”.

And never apologize for speaking the truth. Never.

My sister is non-stop with Uber liberal causes, but she is really just kicking her own can down the road. She has always had a need to assert her moral and intellectual, educated and we'll read superiority in the name of this cause or that but truthfully, she is the most self centered ego maniac I have ever known.
Liberalism is easy, intellectually lazy and vapid and at its core authoritarian, greedy and self centered. All you have to do is say you care. You never have to actually fix anything.
This paddle out is a perfect example of it.

And yes, almost without exception every single one of the worst, most selfish, envious, undeservingly self righteous individuals I have ever met were hardcore leftists.

So so full of hate.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
when i went to work in the barrio after growing up in Huntington and going to UCSB

i was like damn there lots of mexicans here -

it was a completely foreign culture to me - loved it - have learned so much and still love it
When I first started teaching it was all white kids at the JC.

Then at Mt Sac this wave of Mexicans and Asian came in at about my second year, '98?

At first I was alienated, and then I grew to loved it.

I also notice that which is exotic quickly becomes erotic.

Cal State Fullerton was way delayed on the diversity.

When it did hit, they acted like it was this new thing they discovered.

I was like, I been teaching non white dummies for 10 years.

Get out of my way, loosers.

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Living in the Caribbean surrounded by West Indians, I have to laugh when stateside black people come down with their yankee accents and stateside ways. Down here that term "yankee" could also include people from the south too.

West Indian culture is quite different from African American culture. Black people from the US are sort of treated here like the kooks who show up at a proper wave and get stinkeye from the boys. It's hilarious to hear a West Indian imitate a stateside accent, particularly a southern one.

Down here we have a mostly black police force, legislature, etc. All these BLM people should come down and experience it. People here are still very upset about this whole George Llloyd killing thing but having to deal with racial profiling from police towards black people is nonexistent here. In fact there is a phrase used by white transplants that I don't particularly care for: "driving while white"

We have our fair share of problems, but I love my Caribbean people dem and overall I receive a lot of resepct because I embrace the culture through and through.

The island I live on ended slavery by the slaves themselves revolting and burning down the sugarcane plantations, called a "Fireburn". That would be the great General Buddhoe that lead the way on that in 1848. It wasn't until 1865 that the US ended slavery. So the people here are very proud of that and how they gained freedom through their own efforts and almost 20 years before slavery ended in the US. They burned more sh!t down after slavery ended when Queen Mary and others were not happy with their unjust treatment.

I remember when I moved from the Caribbean to Hawaii, I was really missing the Caribbean culture and people. I remember once in Kappa I see this black guy with dreads ride up on a bike and I got really excited. He came into the cofee shop and I heard him speak with his yankee accent and it was like seeing that girl with a really nice ass pull her yoga pants off to reveal a bunch of cottage cheese. But overall it seemed the local boys in Kauai had a lot of interest and respect when they learned I had moved there from the Caribbean and not the mainland.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Anybody ever watch the Michael Vick 30 for 30? His upbringing is the norm here.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Will that girl learn from that experience?

IF you have never experienced violence, you can think it doesn't exist.

I was fighting for my life from the first grade.

It taught me things.

Like don't block traffic with your body during a riot.
No she won‘t learn.

My first day of Jr. High School (75% hispanic) in the early 80s I was walking to my first class And a Mexican kid pushed me and said, “what’s up white boy!!!”

Me being me I answered with, “fuck you beaner.”

I was summarily beaten by him and his two buddies. They stopped and took off (teacher coming). I was taken to the dean’s office and he asked who put the beat down on me. Like an abused wife I told him I slipped and fell and some dudes were helping me up, no idea who.

That was Wednesday.

Thursday, rinse and repeat. Confronted, exchange words, get a beat down. Go to dean’s office and keep my mouth shut.

Friday same except I sought them out and simply said, “let’s go.” Beat down, black eye, busted lip. Told the dean I fell. I’m clumsy.

Monday, I walk up to these dudes and say, “are we gonna keep doing this?”

Head beaner says, “nah, we cool with you.”

Next day I see these guys put a beat down on another small white kid and they got suspended. White boy spilled the beans.

That white boy got bullied every single day by a multitude of mexicans for the entire 2 year stint in jr high.

One of the guys who beat me down died of a heroin overdose in high school, another is serving life for murder and the third is to this day one of my best friends.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
  • Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
the a-hole cop who accidentally killed floyd (who was also an a-hole with a criminal record and 6 years in prison) should not be a cop

but this isnt a racial issue. its just about 2 a-holes colliding. its not like the cop said ooh look a black man, i am going to kill him" the peanut gallery watching and telling the cop to get off made him stay on top longer. i bet he'd still be alive if he followed chris rocks rules.

btw 2 of the cops involved were asian. theyre all in trouble and the justice system will get em.

if floyd was any other race would there have been protests? if cop was any other race would there be protests?

last time i got pulled over the cop was black, but i didnt think i was targeted due to racism. i was polite and 100% cooperative and he let me go, just like the last white cop did for me. race isnt and wasnt an issue.
however i coulda behaved like an a-hole and made it into a big deal. i would expect to be roughed up if i resisted arrest. u can find lots of white folks in this predicament. there are bad people and bad cops, but most are ok.

my personal policy is: dont piiss off cops

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No she won‘t learn.

My first day of Jr. High School (75% hispanic) in the early 80s I was walking to my first class And a Mexican kid pushed me and said, “what’s up white boy!!!”

Me being me I answered with, “fook you beaner.”

I was summarily beaten by him and his two buddies. They stopped and took off (teacher coming). I was taken to the dean’s office and he asked who put the beat down on me. Like an abused wife I told him I slipped and fell and some dudes were helping me up, no idea who.

That was Wednesday.

Thursday, rinse and repeat. Confronted, exchange words, get a beat down. Go to dean’s office and keep my mouth shut.

Friday same except I sought them out and simply said, “let’s go.” Beat down, black eye, busted lip. Told the dean I fell. I’m clumsy.

Monday, I walk up to these dudes and say, “are we gonna keep doing this?”

Head beaner says, “nah, we cool with you.”

Next day I see these guys put a beat down on another small white kid and they got suspended. White boy spilled the beans.

That white boy got bullied every single day by a multitude of mexicans for the entire 2 year stint in jr high.

One of the guys who beat me down died of a heroin overdose in high school, another is serving life for murder and the third is to this day one of my best friends.
There's no such thing as racism towards whites. I've read it on the interwebs.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There's no such thing as racism towards whites. I've read it on the interwebs.
In my experience the most racism was present in Jr High. It went both ways for sure, my ‘fuck you beaner’ comment is proof of that. It’s hard for a 12 year old not to be racist when basically everyone around of a certain race hates because you’re white.

In jr high everyone is trying to figure out who they are, but accurately, who they AREN’T. Eliminating those options based on superficial things like how you look is the easiest path

Walking home from school back then was sketchy as fuk. The Mexicans on the west side did not fuck around.

By high school, shared interests became more important and tended to eclipse the superficial racial divisions. And the demographics of my high school being so heavily weighted with brown people it really made no sense to automatically write off 2/3 of the class for possible friendships.

The most intense and lingering racial tensions that never really went away was between blacks and Mexicans. I still see it today.

Reactions: john4surf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
In my experience the most racism was present in Jr High. It went both ways for sure, my ‘fook you beaner’ comment is proof of that. It’s hard for a 12 year old not to be racist when basically everyone around of a certain race hates because you’re white.

In jr high everyone is trying to figure out who they are, but accurately, who they AREN’T. Eliminating those options based on superficial things like how you look is the easiest path

Walking home from school back then was sketchy as fuk. The Mexicans on the west side did not fook around.

By high school, shared interests became more important and tended to eclipse the superficial racial divisions. And the demographics of my high school being so heavily weighted with brown people it really made no sense to automatically write off 2/3 of the class for possible friendships.

The most intense and lingering racial tensions that never really went away was between blacks and Mexicans. I still see it today.
Agreed. My junior high wasn't that bad, although the a lot of the kids themselves certainly were pretty bad and many no doubt ended up in the system. By High School, most of those kids simply dropped out, took the easier classes, or got sent to the "bad kid" high school. Which ironically, were often named after historical African American figures.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm seeing a pattern here. All the people who are constantly screaming "white privilege" grew up in all white areas.

I think the total percentage of whites in the town I grew up in was around 20% when I lived there. The white population has grown in recent years due to a new development that's basically outside of town and skyrocketing Bay Area prices

The zip code I grew up in is one of the most diverse in the whole country

Reactions: grapedrink

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I just want to share that I despise people on all sides equally, and think everyone is wrong with their stupid opinions and in their pointless actions. Nothing is going to change because of recent events, any of the events. Everyone has been some form of totally wrong about things that they don't understand anyways and it jumps from one subject to another now like an ADD kid on reddit.
No one understands diseases. No one understands racism. No one understands protest. No one understands policing. And none of it is as big a deal as anyone is acting like it is.

2020, the year of "taking action!" ....for either support from voting extremisits, or instagram likes, depending on whether you are a politician or just a regular jackass.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i have so much white privilage, every day i walk past blacks and mexicans being beaten by the white supremacist cops, and i walk into any random store, and the employees hand me free stuiff. they say "ooh a white person, here take this"

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot