How does the erBB feel about a rushed coronavirus vaccine?

Will you take a rushed coronavirus vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Judging by the way some trumpanzees have wrapped their arms around hydroxychloroquine if Trump told them cyanide laced kool-aid would save them they’d be lining up for a Dixie cup of the stuff.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm down for the cause

also, I want to go to the movies again

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
There's plenty of desperate hypochondriac/germaphobe fools willing to take a rushed thru vaccine to be guinea pigs.

We should make a memorial for these people. They can be the "warriors" for this.

I've survived this long without catching the 'rona, and without a vaccine. Hell, I don't even get flu shots every year like I'm "supposed" to, especially for someone "my age".

NEVER had a flu shot yet in my life. I rarely get colds and flu as it is. Last bad flu caught was like 7-8 years ago. I don't even get a cold every year. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. I have sinus issues from surfing polluted waters 50 years, but that's a different malady.

I'll wait a few weeks to let "them" be the beta test subjects.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
NEVER had a flu shot yet in my life. I rarely get colds and flu as it is. Last bad flu caught was like 7-8 years ago. I don't even get a cold every year. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. I have sinus issues from surfing polluted waters 50 years, but that's a different malady.
I am generally not a fan of the flu shot but you should get one this year.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Could be a requirement for travel. There have been companies working on a Rona passport card/registry/system since this whole thing began.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
If I was planning to fly somewhere, like Hawaii, I would definitely get whatever "shots" I would need to avoid quarantine.

I was just in contact with my Kauai RE agent over the weekend, trading 'rona lockdown story and progress coming out of it in our respective sides of the Pacific.

Trying to go to Kauai now as a tourist, let alone visitor that might stay a while is next to impossible at this point. Rental cars are shut down completely. If you get tested just in advance of your trip, they "might" let you have "some" privileges, but as a tourist, not likely.

Locals are actually loving life without traffic and clueless tourists, though many are struggling and unemployment bennies will only last so long. If you have funds, you're golden, if not, it's not going to be "fun" for a whole lot longer.

The 14 day quarantine is strictly enforced, to the point of police state type oversight. You go thru 3 separate check-points at the airport. The police will track where you stay, check up on you at the hotel or residence, pretty much gustapo tactics, and publish your name in the local paper, if caught and taken to jail for breaking quarantine. Stink-eye out in the water if not a local is coming back in style like the 70's. Some being very vocal about non-locals out and about, too.

So, travel to Hawaii from the mainland is not going to be a pleasant escape like it used to be for week/months to come.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I’m at a virtually zero risk from COVID and statistically I have a 50-75% chance of getting it and having no symptoms at all.

Why would I inject a hastily manufactured vaccine?

Also, we have a history of how such things can turn out...

...and it ain’t good.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
The whole testing just before leaving thing is kind of pointless, other than a placebo effect.

You could test and get results even the day before you leave, and still get "it" after the test before you leave.

You'd basically need to be tested and verified AT the airport just before you hop on the plane. And even then, you could catch it from someone on the plane that hadn't shown symptoms or ability to show positive yet. It takes a couple days to show positive after contracting, from what I've read.

You could get so anal about all the multitudes of ways you could contract the 'rona in public, there's no way you could be 100% sure of not contracting, somewhere. Touching a piece of fruit or produce at the grocery is a "chance". At some point, you just need to realize there's some remote risk in going out in the public and LIVE with it. When odds of dying from 'rona are maybe 0.01% to 0.04% at best and that's if you CATCH it first, I think I'll take those odds in life. Odds are dying in a car wreck on the way to the airport are much more likely.

Reactions: PRCD

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Observations
- so far, 83% say they won't take the jab.
- interestingly, even some of our most fearful of the virus say they won't take the jab

So where does that leave us?

lol!

The developing stay-at-homer mantra seems to be:
"We should stay at home until there's a vaccine... but I'm not going to take the vaccine"

This is what happens when a society is guided by empathy rather than compassion.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I would love if you needed it to travel and people were scared and didn't get it and I did and I got to surf some uncrowded breaks.

I don't think I need it but I wouldn't have an issue getting it.

At least if you don't get and you die, we can say, SEE!

It's on you if you die.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm a yes on the vaccine for this very reason, Autoprax.

I'll be eating out, and going to the movies, and (fingers crossed) going on
the best dates again because I'll have the Western States Pact government
vaccine and antibody identification chip and accompanying security card

scan me, officer, I'm clear!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
There's plenty of desperate hypochondriac/germaphobe fools willing to take a rushed thru vaccine to be guinea pigs.

We should make a memorial for these people. They can be the "warriors" for this.

I've survived this long without catching the 'rona, and without a vaccine. Hell, I don't even get flu shots every year like I'm "supposed" to, especially for someone "my age".

I'll wait a few weeks to let "them" be the beta test subjects.
That's selfish and you're a bad person.

Observations
- so far, 83% say they won't take the jab.
- interestingly, even some of our most fearful of the virus say they won't take the jab

So where does that leave us?

lol!

The developing stay-at-homer mantra seems to be:
"We should stay at home until there's a vaccine... but I'm not going to take the vaccine"

This is what happens when a society is guided by empathy rather than compassion.
I would say dial up the fear to an 11 so that the previously-fearful will be fearful-enough to take the shot.