New JOB Pro Model

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Only reason him and Kalani Robb ride those is cause they’re able to make a living surfing by doing that.

Not hating. Just stating facts.

If someone told me to ride one of those for money I prob would

Trump2020

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 26, 2020
Only reason him and Kalani Robb ride those is cause they’re able to make a living surfing by doing that.

Not hating. Just stating facts.

If someone told me to ride one of those for money I prob would
I’m pretty sure Job and Kalani could ride for ride for any surf company of their choice.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Had one of those in some fun waves a little while back and was pretty unimpressed. No drive whatsoever. Felt like a sponge.

The mini logs are pretty fun but not sure about the surfboards. Fine for tiny groms I guess but pretty lackluster performance.

I should mention it wasn't this exact board. It was a 6'0 fish but still, basically the same idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bman76

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I have two Catch Surf boards. They're fun as hell. I don't get paid to ride either. Wait for the sale and buy one.

Reactions: potato-nator

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I’m pretty sure Job and Kalani could ride for ride for any surf company of their choice.
Wade Tokoro makes Jamie’s regular boards and Jamie gives the ones not broken back to Wade. Wade can’t afford to pay a pro to ride his boards. In fact most pros on Tokoro’s buy them.

Wade usually donates those signed boards to charities or he sells them. The magic ones ate kept to use as a master for the next magic one.?

Reactions: SharkBoy

Trump2020

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 26, 2020
Soft shortboards are fun the first 10 minutes but then I'd rather just be on a regular board. Softies don't throw any spray and just feel boggy.
I used to have an INT longboard about 10 years ago. It had a double aluminum stringer config and when you jumped up it felt like you surfing on a trampoline. Catch surf uses 3 wooden stringers so it’s hardly bouncy at all but it does flex. As far as boggyness yes they aren’t going to rip like an epoxy but nobody is expecting to win a WSL title on one. It’s just fun to mess around on when you aren’t riding your serious quiver. The technology does however improve each year.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Soft shortboards are fun the first 10 minutes but then I'd rather just be on a regular board. Softies don't throw any spray and just feel boggy.
Which is why I don’t understand why so many people like the wave storm.

They ride like absolute garbage

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Not for the money they are likely getting. They might get free product from plenty of companies just like many ripping groms do. These guys are making actual income. Like it or not foamies outsell hard boards all day long and surf shops are more profitable selling them and they also don't have the shop and shipping damage issue to worry about that they do with hard boards.