Do you have a SHTF board?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
With the economy set to completely collapse in a way we've never seen except in maybe places like Zimbabwe, I'm curious who here has a board you might never ride but you've been keeping for when surfboards stop being produced?

Mine is a 5'10 CI Rob Machado single fin.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
With the economy set to completely collapse in a way we've never seen except in maybe places like Zimbabwe, I'm curious who here has a board you might never ride but you've been keeping for when surfboards stop being produced?

You have been a real barrel of laughs recently.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016

Ewwwhhh, nice call Casa. Way back when I used to ride Doc Lausch single fins, I had a round pin, and a diamond tail, those were great boards. I always wanted one of those Machado single fins too, can you still order them custom?

Reactions: BentoBox70

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

I have one too—super fun board

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

I'm a hoarder when it comes to surfboards. I've got almost every good board I've ever owned going back to the 80s. I'm out of space. I've got enough boards to last me, my kids and some of the neighborhood kids if need be for a very long time.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
That's practically my local!

Maybe I'm thick, but I don't really get the OP's question... You are worried people aren't going to build boards in an economic recession? I'm pretty sure CI will survive...
Are you picking a desert island board from your quiver to last you a lifetime with no more new boards?
Well, most durable has to be one of the XTRs. I havent ridden the Hydrodynamica GMM2 much the last few months, but it would work for 80% of SoCal days.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That's practically my local!

Maybe I'm thick, but I don't really get the OP's question... You are worried people aren't going to build boards in an economic recession?
You mean an economic collapse. And no, they won't be building boards. Or making wetsuits for that matter.

When the dust settles, and it may be years, you might want to pick up an old hobby...hence the SHTF board.

That is, if you survive.