So far President Trump has reduced the number of expected deaths from 2,200,000 to 80,000, maybe even less. He is nothing less than a hero.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
you seem like an intelligent guy

but you’ve been way wrong on this from the beginning

remember when you thought it made sense to reopen by Easter?
ive never used the word re-open. It doesn’t mean anything.

Also your emotional fragility has had you dead wrong from the beginning while my cynicism has been proven correct time and time again.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Nope, just the ability to balance emotion with reason. We all have degrees of both. My ratio is just better than yours. I am able to process and think critically where you are able to conjure up just enough reason to not to jump out of a window.
im not saying you don’t have a point about me personally

but aside from me, you’ve tried to deny the significance of this for weeks and have been grasping at new justifications for your skepticism all along

It’s probably not as bad as I think but it’s way worse than you think

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah, except that Trump never called COVID19 a hoax, and you left out that Jan 31 Trump announced travel restrictions from China, and.....
you have to do so much mental contortionism to assert something so patently false

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
im not saying you don’t have a point about me personally

but aside from me, you’ve tried to deny the significance of this for weeks and have been grasping at new justifications for your skepticism all along

It’s probably not as bad as I think but it’s way worse than you think
if you want me to argue points I didn’t make, I’m not interested.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
One date missed on that republican Facebook meme copy/paste garbage, March 13th. That's when the WH declared it a national emergency and should have been coordinating supplies of PPE from that point, rather than letting states compete against each other and FEMA.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
oh, are you going to do some gymnastics, too?

it's been a joy to watch your covid tantrums; this will be even more delicious.
You would think it would have been just easier for you to prove Trump said it than contort yourself and change the subject....but you did it anyway. I think there's something wrong with you but here goes. I did it for you.

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right?” Trump said Feb. 28, according to PolitiFact. “Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing’? They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ “One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

Clearly he was speaking directly about the Democrats saying the administration was doing a lousy job as the hoax. Now the job the administration is doing is certainly up for debate and will be for years...but the words aren't unless you are a Liar.

As far as Covid. We can count the dead in the US when this is all over. I feel pretty strongly it's going to come up far short of 2.2 million. We'll see who's right though.

Reactions: the janitor

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
holding a large rally, given what we knew at the time, and taken along with his very
own words, demonstrates that he was not taking covid seriously and still trying to
downplay the ground truth for his own personal benefit.

taken in context, it's pretty clear that he's asserting that a) it's not that bad (it was),
b) he's already fixed the problem (he hadn't) and that c) the opposition is trying to
blow it all out of proportion (a hoax) to hurt him.

also, he is doing a lousy job and he politicized it right out of the gate.

it's been a long, consistent run of compounding errors and pathetic blame-shifting.

stay healthy, Doug!

Reactions: the janitor

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Maybe not so fast...
What Trump should have done...

Is around January 15 called a national lockdown, ordered a 100,000 ventilators, and stopped all sales of N95 masks to anyone but healthcare workers, and stopped all air travel.

The country would have definitely said OK to that.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What Trump should have done...

Is around January 15 called a national lockdown, ordered a 100,000 ventilators, and stopped all sales of N95 masks to anyone but healthcare workers, and stopped all air travel.

The country would have definitely said OK to that.
I take the final sentence as sarcasm....

I think that if we clearly articulated the issue and took steps to implement
wholistic and more effective travel restrictions and quarantining, lockdown
probably would not have been necessary.

lockdown became the go-to when the virus was able to establish a beachhead
in the states

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I take the final sentence as sarcasm....

I think that if we clearly articulated the issue and took steps to implement
wholistic and more effective travel restrictions and quarantining, lockdown
probably would not have been necessary.

lockdown became the go-to when the virus was able to establish a beachhead
in the states
Mid January Dr Fauci ad Joe Biden were both on the record saying that there was no reason to shut down the country and hide indoors...meanwhile Trump closed the border to the Chinese which was called racist by The NY Times, Joe Biden, CNN, and NBC.

Reactions: afoaf

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
holding a large rally, given what we knew at the time, and taken along with his very
own words, demonstrates that he was not taking covid seriously and still trying to
downplay the ground truth for his own personal benefit.

taken in context, it's pretty clear that he's asserting that a) it's not that bad (it was),
b) he's already fixed the problem (he hadn't) and that c) the opposition is trying to
blow it all out of proportion (a hoax) to hurt him.

also, he is doing a lousy job and he politicized it right out of the gate.

it's been a long, consistent run of compounding errors and pathetic blame-shifting.

stay healthy, Doug!
At least you admitted you lied...in a weird contorted way.

At the time Trump held his Rally The WHO said the virus couldn't be transmitted person to person and every global government was saying it was just the flu.