Anyone traveling?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Vegas.

They just fenced in a huge asphalt parking lot and painted 6' squares in it.

All of the homeless are herded in.

They initially gave them all blue foam sleeping pads but took them away for sanitary reasons.

Murica.

This is the upper end of the scale.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I was just in Germany in early March. Flew back from DE last week. Empty planes for sure. I had to go. Would not do it. Not Italy.

littlewave

Michael Peterson status
Nov 15, 2009
Orange County
1. not worth the risk
2. what if while traveling you get quarantined - some family of mine is stuck in spain and can't get out.
3. What if they close borders while you are traveling?

sorry man. Way way to sketchy. Waves will be there. just be patient.
He’s already in indo? Hopefully planning to stay there indefinitely, based on state department guidance for all Americans to return now or be prepared to stay abroad until an unknown date.
Ok later in May or June is fine
chingon trying to plan travel right now you thick or something? You’ll subway it anyways so...

Reactions: LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
you're not going too far. most likely it'll be relatively empty, enjoy while it lasts :drowning:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If I was in charge of a country with little or no COVID I would quarantine anybody coming from America or any other hotspot for 2 weeks.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
It's so volitile right now. Buy your ticks. You think you are golden. 2 hours later. You are Satan. sent to destroy.

Is it worth the risk???

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
1. not worth the risk
2. what if while traveling you get quarantined - some family of mine is stuck in spain and can't get out.
3. What if they close borders while you are traveling?

sorry man. Way way to sketchy. Waves will be there. just be patient.

agree 100% but i froth hard when i see good swell for nias

pretty much stuck in bali but heading up to
nias could possibly have me stuck in some bad spots like jakarta or medan

pulled the plug on travel and just rented this place on bukit - have been living in seminyak but if bali locks down i need ocean view and beach access

hopefully this clears up in few months then get back to nias - if my kid wasnt with me i would make the stupid decision and get up there but common sense won this time

C595ADFF-80E6-44E3-A144-A4181B900A6B.jpeg

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
If you are already there, golden as sh!t. Why fvck with us???
was asking for input on traveling through indo at this time - apologize for any misunderstanding - been over here since last May

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Posting up somewhere like where your at and Moto bike/walk to surf seems like a way safer route. You’ll get plenty of surf I reckon still.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014

pulled the plug on travel and just rented this place on bukit - have been living in seminyak but if bali locks down i need ocean view and beach access

hopefully this clears up in few months then get back to nias - if my kid wasnt with me i would make the stupid decision and get up there but common sense won this time

View attachment 88700
They letting you surf empty Bingin? That would be epic. Must be mostly expats and locals there now. All the Russians gone home?

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco

View attachment 88700

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
What's the current situation in Indo / Bali?

My friends there all seem to be self quarantining but what's the vibe like?

Definitely risky but Nias is probably going to be empty right now. No Americans. No Aussies. I'd say do it. Seems like you have some time left. You obviously know your way around Indo if it gets hard to travel.

On the flip side. Now you're down in the Bukit and I would imagine it's about to be an epic season down there for surf and you'll probably be scoring with a fraction of the crowd. Maybe just hang tight and enjoy the season of lefts.

Reactions: LifeOnMars