How the administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic.....

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
How great to be stuck and home and have tons of booze and books.

Heaven!

I'd like some norcos too.

But what cha gonna do?
not heaven when you have to disinfect EVERYTHING after being outside to get food. check out the stories of Americans living in Wuhan. constantly cleaning.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
not heaven when you have to disinfect EVERYTHING after being outside to get food. check out the stories of Americans living in Wuhan. constantly cleaning.
I wonder if an ozone machine would be useful.

How often you going out for food?

I got a big bag of beans.

I got to get my six back abs back once more before I die so it's win win.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is- not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
The assumption of trump being an inept bumbling fool becomes more and more bizarre as legions of supposedly smart people are outmaneuvered by him

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Public health advocates have been ringing alarm bells to no avail.
Klain has been warning for two years that the United States was in grave danger should a pandemic emerge. In 2017 and 2018, the philanthropist billionaire Bill Gates met repeatedly with Bolton and his predecessor, H.R. McMaster, warning that ongoing cuts to the global health disease infrastructure would render the United States vulnerable to, as he put it, the “significant probability of a large and lethal modern-day pandemic occurring in our lifetimes.” And an independent, bipartisan panel formed by the Center for Strategic and International Studies concluded that lack of preparedness was so acute in the Trump administration that the “United States must either pay now and gain protection and security or wait for the next epidemic and pay a much greater price in human and economic costs.”

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The assumption of trump being an inept bumbling fool becomes more and more bizarre as legions of supposedly smart people are outmaneuvered by him

He was impeached.

And he has been rendered effectively impotent by his inability to muster a legislative agenda or any consensus between him and the legislature.

Trumby completely lacks credibility and nobody seems to want to work with him.

But tell us more about his clever maneuvering.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He was impeached.

And he has been rendered effectively impotent by his inability to muster a legislative agenda or any consensus between him and the legislature.

Trumby completely lacks credibility and nobody seems to want to work with him.

But tell us more about his clever maneuvering.
It's a flu with a ~2% death rate? It's not that big of a deal compared to the Spanish Flu or the Bubonic Chronic and let's be real, the average death is going to be Trump voters anyway.

Not having a competent person driving the response to this is a feature, not a bug.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's funny because when the sh!t hits the fan, T will have to let a deep state life long civil servant with some expertise who doesn't bow at trump's knees to try to address the problem.

Or maybe he won't?

Let the place burn?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
It's funny because when the sh!t hits the fan, T will have to let a deep state life long civil servant with some expertise who doesn't bow at trump's knees to try to address the problem.

Or maybe he won't?

Let the place burn?
Cheeto setting up Pence to be fired & replaced?