The people who allow this to be call themselves the compassionate ones...

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Mental healthcare is only so effective. Same with addictive medicine.

But healthcare for all would help.

Someone here said the criteria for institutionalizing someone needs to be revamped.

That person smart.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Mental healthcare is only so effective. Same with addictive medicine.

But healthcare for all would help.

Someone here said the criteria for institutionalizing someone needs to be revamped.

That person smart.
Healthcare isn't what's missing in these peoples lives nor is it even in the slightest what is causing homelessness.

Reactions: ratfink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Healthcare isn't what's missing in these peoples lives nor is it even in the slightest what is causing homelessness.
Please not I said it would help and I think it would.

Multivariate for sure.

What do you think are the relevant variables causing the problem?

Even though I am a liberal faggot, I'm sure I will agree with you as to what are some of the causes.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You personally can start by not giving change to panhandlers.
I never do.

I have really a intense threat response when they ask me for money. I'm ready for them to try to kill me.

Probably an over reaction but it's better to mistake a stick for a snake.

I do this:
It really freaks them out.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
It depends on how much you value civil liberties.

Involuntary committals aren't legal anymore.

States that take a lax approach and allow people to break the law and infringe on the rights of others are going to have bigger issues that ones that don't which causes the migration and concentration of homeless people.

Drug use causes permanent mental issues so allowing legal drug use is a multiplier of the problem. The mentally ill also gravitate towards drug use.

Allowing being homeless to be a comfortable alternative, (as comfortable as being homeless can be) isn't going to help. Even the craziest of the crazy have moments of clarity. Having control of them during these moments can help get them diagnosed or back on the meds they need. This can also lead to finding family members who are willing to contribute to the care of them. Keeping them moving and arresting those that don't or break the laws in other ways is a perfectly reasonable approach to gaining information on them and being able to offer them services. It would also cause some to get tired of the hassle and seek life changes. Allowing the homeless to embed is heartless and mean.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yesterday and crazy homeless person walked into traffic and the person in from of me had to stop suddenly and I did too.

We came so close to getting into a wreck.

I would have been blamed for the wreck but it was the crazy person creating the safety hazard.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yesterday and crazy homeless person walked into traffic and the person in from of me had to stop suddenly and I did too.

We came so close to getting into a wreck.

I would have been blamed for the wreck but it was the crazy person creating the safety hazard.
What good is that person doing for society?

That person is literally endangering their own life and others

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It depends on how much you value civil liberties.

Involuntary committals aren't legal anymore.

States that take a lax approach and allow people to break the law and infringe on the rights of others are going to have bigger issues that ones that don't which causes the migration and concentration of homeless people.

Drug use causes permanent mental issues so allowing legal drug use is a multiplier of the problem. The mentally ill also gravitate towards drug use.

Allowing being homeless to be a comfortable alternative, (as comfortable as being homeless can be) isn't going to help. Even the craziest of the crazy have moments of clarity. Having control of them during these moments can help get them diagnosed or back on the meds they need. This can also lead to finding family members who are willing to contribute to the care of them. Keeping them moving and arresting those that don't or break the laws in other ways is a perfectly reasonable approach to gaining information on them and being able to offer them services. It would also cause some to get tired of the hassle and seek life changes. Allowing the homeless to embed is heartless and mean.
I agree with everything except for the drug stuff.

"Drug use causes permanent mental issues" this is true for 10% of the population.

Legalization creates problems for sure but so does prohibition.

It needs to be weighed.

Have you read Hart's work?