Heaviest Wave In Socal

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
SURFING's website had a photo of Wardo at a spot on an incredibly heavy day - he was the only one out - very shallow left reef - not the Lobster Lounge - photo was jawdropping and unless you've seen the spot on such a day you'd surely say "There's no way that wave is in California." I think it would take the cake for the this thread. If you saw the photo you may or may not know where it was but you probably remember it. I was on the beach watching that day - an injury would have probably meant death out there because even with all limbs and head functional it would have been a legendary swim in. SURFING's website is now defunct so the picture is no longer out there.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
SURFING's website had a photo of Wardo at a spot on an incredibly heavy day - he was the only one out - very shallow left reef - not the Lobster Lounge - photo was jawdropping and unless you've seen the spot on such a day you'd surely say "There's no way that wave is in California." I think it would take the cake for the this thread. If you saw the photo you may or may not know where it was but you probably remember it. I was on the beach watching that day - an injury would have probably meant death out there because even with all limbs and head functional it would have been a legendary swim in. SURFING's website is now defunct so the picture is no longer out there.
Can you find the pic? I'm interested to see it

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore

Jonahbrah, , did you spend time with him at the winter time wedge?
No. I never had any desire to go to Seal.

Or are you talking Crescent?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Jonahbrah who are you? Crescent was our summer spot! The circle k is gone now.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Why would you not want to go to seal?

Aww man Crescent sucks in the summer. You get a swell with enough west and not too much north in it, and Crescent turns in to a perfect wedge. Bummer Citcle K is gone. I used to get beer there with fake ID's and drink all day at Emerald and I.C. every 4th. Some fun memories.

Seal just never got big enough to appeal to me.

Reactions: rts265

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
Seal. It was pretty fun in the 70’s and 80’s. After the pier came down in 83, the sand changed and it hasn’t been the same.

Roboworm

OTF status
Aug 1, 2009
OC
Blacks and Baja Malibu- epic fog swell 10/87 written on the trail to Uppers, Blacks was heavy on that one- undergunned on a 6'10" Jerry O'Keefe, man I miss the good old days. BM was a ridiculous beachbreak, hope it still is