Xanadu Xank - review - wow

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Board looks good. I "second that emotion" about a good all round DD instead of grovelers. Thanks for the review.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Frontside are you still loving that Rusty SD?
I know casa is a hard one to please so if he likes a board its probably really fun.
Casa had me almost pull the trigger on a sharp-eye once before, now im deep on the Xanadu website trying to figure out this family tree lol

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah that website is a trip

For my next "normal-looking" board I'm eyeing the Sharpeye Storms. Had an Xanadu Mithras and currently have a Nitz 2, clicked with both - and they are both the same - Family 1.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Frontside are you still loving that Rusty SD?
I know casa is a hard one to please so if he likes a board its probably really fun.
Casa had me almost pull the trigger on a sharp-eye once before, now im deep on the Xanadu website trying to figure out this family tree lol
Absolutely love the SD. It's been my go to for 2 1/2 years at this point. Thank god I went XTR. I ride it so much it would've been dead 2 years ago.
Seems to have a lot of attributes similar to this board.

Reactions: Havoc

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I disagree with the groveler sentiments. I like my groveler. It allows me to have fun in waves I generally would be disinterested in surfing. Instead of looking like a monkey fvcking a football on a hpsb in waist high mush, I can glide along and string a few turns together. I'm not joining the tour anytime soon, so what edge am I loosing?

Looks like a fun board Casa! I remember you saying that in the past, you preferred specialty boards over all-rounders because you didn't feel like an all-arounder would really do any single thing well. Has this board changed your mind?

Reactions: JDJ

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Ted shred r u still riding ci flyer f? Ur really advanced in ability but I agree on the gravel boars.
Haven’t had one in years. Have a OG flyer I like but would love to go back to the Flyer F or better yet the Whip and see if it’s as good I remembered.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
I disagree with the groveler sentiments. I like my groveler. It allows me to have fun in waves I generally would be disinterested in surfing. Instead of looking like a monkey fvcking a football on a hpsb in waist high mush, I can glide along and string a few turns together. I'm not joining the tour anytime soon, so what edge am I loosing?

Looks like a fun board Casa! I remember you saying that in the past, you preferred specialty boards over all-rounders because you didn't feel like an all-arounder would really do any single thing well. Has this board changed your mind?
Obviously there’s a gray area on what’s considered groveling. I think a grovelor is still a valuable part of the quiver but staying on it when the waves get above waist high can kinda change people’s approach. Grovelor will send you down the line fast but hinders top to bottom surfing due to less control.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A bit. It's probably the most versatile board I've encountered for chest high and under surf. I think it helps when the shaper is a decent surfer who actually rides the boards he's making too. I know people are going to disagree with me, but time and again I've found the guys who make the best boards are the guys who are passionate about shaping and surfing + getting lots of feedback from their own two feet.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Obviously there’s a gray area on what’s considered groveling. I think a grovelor is still a valuable part of the quiver but staying on it when the waves get above waist high can kinda change people’s approach. Grovelor will send you down the line fast but hinders top to bottom surfing due to less control.
Yeah, I agree.

If you live in a place where there's waves everyday I think yo can play with them a little more because you can really mix things up and still get plenty of time in on a regular board. but if you're always riding boards that are an inch give or take wider and with a shorter rail line it's going to change your approach...

You decide to ride something 5'5 x 19 1/4 two months straight then the one day it's cooking and you're trying to figure out how to ride a HPSB again.