Are you happy with your lot in life?

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
I'm used, abused, ridden hard and put away wet.

But I'm still happy with my little role in this great big sh!t show.

Why are so many in constant agony over things they have no control over?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Good question.

Ask the screechers who think America wasn’t great anymore.

The left screeched about how bad America sucked before Trump, how evil the CIA was, and how dissent was the most American thing out there.

Then Trump was elected, America became great, the CIA became loyal patriots, and if you thought otherwise you were anti-American.

This is why politics is the greatest show on earth.

Reactions: Ifallalot

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Who was complaining about the other side?

I was just pointing at one place to look if you want to find people unhappy with their place in life.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Very comfortable with my lot right now.

Lived in Santa Cruz county near the beach for 59 years. Have a really good job witch is considered to be a critical function. Have the most senority. Vested in the California pension program. Have local property and investments. Took the time to be a surf bum in my earlier years. been concentrating on the future the past 15 years.

Glad I did. A whole lot more uncrowded surf back then vs today. A whole lot less people in general.

Santa Cruz today is like what LA was back in the 1980's. Do the math...

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I'm used, abused, ridden hard and put away wet.

But I'm still happy with my little role in this great big sh!t show.

Why are so many in constant agony over things they have no control over?

Deadlines.

Being able to make them or not make them. You make them, you earn more Face.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Millenials.

The new breed coming up . We participate through a system of shared governance where I work.

The times. The old guard is retiring. They have put in their time and deserve it.

The new guard is coming on board to take their place. We go to forums where prospective new hires sit and answer questions from the people they will have to work with on a daily basis. This feeds into their hiring consideration.

What I have been seeing lately is a profusion of new, young people who have impeccable educational stats.
PHD's, good colleges.

But absolutely no work experience.

No inter personal skills,

People who are qualified to head a dept. with a degree, but need to be led by the hand through every step of the existing process.

At this point, it might just be easier and cheaper to grab some random guy walking by the front door and teaching him the ropes from scap.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Yes, no question!
I have a great family, a house in a really nice SoCal beach city, good health, enough money, meaningful work, my kids are not basket cases, and I get to have adventures and travel sometimes.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The answer to "are you happy with your life?" question comes down to perspectives and expectations.
Yes, no question!
I have a great family, a house in a really nice SoCal beach city, good health, enough money, meaningful work, my kids are not basket cases, and I get to have adventures and travel sometimes.
Compared to what probably 90% of the rest of the world has you've got it made. May it ever be so.