How big of a threat is "climate change" to you and your family?

In the grander scheme of things, how big of a treat is "climate change" to you and your family?

• 0 - No Threat At All

• 9 - Major Threat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This is why you can't argue with stupid. Countless papers and research by scientists .... and these idiots compare it to their religion, because they can't understand it.
Talk about an idiot not understanding.

You not only missed my point by not reading what's in the parentheses you have been proving it as well.

If you look and understand these facts, studies, and research you'd realize that we're not in an apocalyptic crisis by any means, especially here in Western countries.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
This is why you can't argue with stupid. Countless papers and research by scientists .... and these idiots compare it to their religion, because they can't understand it.
Countless papers? That’s a lot of trees some earth hating NAZI cut down. Justify that.

Who are you trying to convince here and what are you trying to convince them of?

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
I can show you as many papers and research to prove what I've talked about here:

"But to others: having lost over 50% of the Australian and Caribbean coral reefs is apocalyptic to some people. The larger, slower, more powerful hurricanes is apocalyptic to some. The constant droughts and the most destructive wildfires ever in California may seem apocalyptic to some people. The loss of natural history and biodiversity extinction at an unprecedented rate may seem apocalyptic to some people. "

These things are apocalyptic.

Some would say that the 6th mass extinction is apocalyptic.

Also. ElOgro, you can't hold a reasonable argument for longer than 2 seconds: A lot of "papers" can be found online these days. These are technically called "scientific papers" and follow a specific format, like citations, and peer reviewed, etc.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Talk about an idiot not understanding.

You not only missed my point by not reading what's in the parentheses you have been proving it as well.

If you look and understand these facts, studies, and research you'd realize that we're not in an apocalyptic crisis by any means, especially here in Western countries.
But it could happen, right? Hurricanes making landfall in Oregon. The tide is abnormally high today.:rolleyes:

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Hurricane Camile totally wiped out my home town and gave me an excuse to move West. After I left the locals rebuilt the town right on top of the washed away foundations. Bigger and better... 25 years later, Hurricane Katrina blew that new construction half a mile past where Hurricane Camile stopped. Now all new construction must be 17 feet or more above sea level or you can't buy property insurance. Just that little change in the laws is all it took to wise up those rednecks. Yet here in California Earthquake insurance is optional. Go figure.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I can show you as many papers and research to prove what I've talked about here:

"But to others: having lost over 50% of the Australian and Caribbean coral reefs is apocalyptic to some people. The larger, slower, more powerful hurricanes is apocalyptic to some. The constant droughts and the most destructive wildfires ever in California may seem apocalyptic to some people. The loss of natural history and biodiversity extinction at an unprecedented rate may seem apocalyptic to some people. "

These things are apocalyptic.

Also. ElOgro, you can't hold a reasonable argument for longer than 2 seconds: A lot of "papers" can be found online these days. These are technically called "scientific papers" and follow a specific format, like citations, and peer reviewed, etc.
Define reasonable.

What’s the hundred year forecast?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
gtfo. In order for someone to convince you, you need them to predict the future?
No, you gtfo.

Who are you trying to convince? What are you trying to convince them of?

That’s two. Take them one at a time.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
1. Who? Climate change deniers
2. What? Climate change is real and happening.

The "hysteria" is not about predicting the future. There are plenty of current events that show that we are already experiencing climate change. And if we do not want these conditions to worsen, then we should act now.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
The essence of climate change is using bullshit claims about the past climate to make bullshit claims about the future climate. Its all Bullshit!
Screaming into the wind isn't going to change facts and evidence.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
1. Who? Climate change deniers
2. What? Climate change is real and happening.

The "hysteria" is not about predicting the future. There are plenty of current events that show that we are already experiencing climate change. And if we do not want these conditions to worsen, then we should act now.
Well that narrows it down. Scientifically speaking.

What should we be doing to act upon these conditions we don’t want?