How big of a threat is "climate change" to you and your family?

In the grander scheme of things, how big of a treat is "climate change" to you and your family?

• 0 - No Threat At All

• 9 - Major Threat

Results are only viewable after voting.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Ignore the scientists, they're just trying to make a buck off the climate change hoax.

Oil companies and pesticide giants are the true heroes, what motive would they have to mislead the public?

Yea. It's easier to believe a bunch of scientists and professors making 70 grand a year is trying to create a conspiracy theory of climate change.

Than.... giant fossil fuel industries able to make billions of dollars by propagating climate change is a hoax.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yea. It's easier to believe a bunch of scientists and professors making 70 grand a year is trying to create a conspiracy theory of climate change.

Than.... giant fossil fuel industries able to make billions of dollars by propagating climate change is a hoax.

No one is denying that the climate is changing, nor is anyone denying that human industrialization is contributing to the change

However, the people saying it is an apocalyptic crisis and that we must repent for our sins are as dishonest and ignorant as those who deny the change wholesale

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm more worried about Rushhhhhun Asset Tulsi getting her hands on military hardware than I am about Climate Change.
I mean, that RUSHAN ASSET has already infiltrated our military AND the halls of Congress. We're practically being governed by Putin now

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
No one is denying that the climate is changing, nor is anyone denying that human industrialization is contributing to the change

However, the people saying it is an apocalyptic crisis and that we must repent for our sins are as dishonest and ignorant as those who deny the change wholesale
I think you're misrepresenting them in your own mind. Perhaps the term apocalyptic crisis conjures up images of fire raining down from the sky, and a MAD MAX situation. and granted, that situation won't come in 30-50 years.

But to others: having lost over 50% of the Australian and Caribbean coral reefs is apocalyptic to some people. The larger, slower, more powerful hurricanes is apocalyptic to some. The constant droughts and the most destructive wildfires ever in California may seem apocalyptic to some people. The loss of natural history and biodiversity extinction at an unprecedented rate may seem apocalyptic to some people.

All this is CURRENTLY happening. This is not to say what will come in 30-50 years.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I think you're misrepresenting them in your own mind. Perhaps the term apocalyptic crisis conjures up images of fire raining down from the sky, and a MAD MAX situation. and granted, that situation won't come in 30-50 years.

But to others: having lost over 50% of the Australian and Caribbean coral reefs is apocalyptic to some people. The larger, slower, more powerful hurricanes is apocalyptic to some. The constant droughts and the most destructive wildfires ever in California may seem apocalyptic to some people. The loss of natural history and biodiversity extinction at an unprecedented rate may seem apocalyptic to some people.

All this is CURRENTLY happening. This is not to say what will come in 30-50 years.
What seems to some and what IS to everyone are two different things.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Again, what are YOU doing about it?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
What are you personally doing to prevent potential harm to your family in the event of new stronger hurricanes due to climate change? (Posting here doesn’t count)

No, it’s not my problem. Can you clarify what you’re trying to communicate in the rest of the paragraph?

What people like you have been doing to prevent "climate change" is the same thing you do about every leftist bitch, try to force me to do something.

Alinsky 101: Never let a crisis go to waste. If you don't have a crisis then invent one.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I'm more worried about Rushhhhhun Asset Tulsi getting her hands on military hardware than I am about Climate Change.
Don't you like fishing? One of the reasons my friend and his scientist buddies are studying algae and diatoms in the ocean is because they're preparing for a possible battle against algae blooms due to warming coastal waters.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Algae blooms? Due to climate change???? Give me a fukkin break. Algae has always been and always will be. Read up on past red tide outbreaks or even go watch the original Flipper movie. You want less algae stop dumping fertilizer everywhere. This stuff isn't rocket science.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
"Science" (as viewed by the masses, not the actual discipline) has simply replaced religion in this secular era
LOL. Science is backed by facts and studies and research. And thus, has earned my respect for it being factual.

Religion is based off of.....

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
This is why you can't argue with stupid. Countless papers and research by scientists .... and these idiots compare it to their religion, because they can't understand it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot