Pyzel White Tiger

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Probably similar to TFK size. TS5 demoed one and said to go as short as possible.
Yeah I demo’d a 5’8 white tiger, my quad fish and TKF are normally around 5’8. I wished I’d taken out a 5’7 white tiger, it’s a pretty flat board with a wide tail.

My Red Tiger is 5’11 thicker than stock XL dims, FWIW

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yeah I demo’d a 5’8 white tiger, my quad fish and TKF are normally around 5’8. I wished I’d taken out a 5’7 white tiger, it’s a pretty flat board with a wide tail.

My Red Tiger is 5’11 thicker than stock XL dims, FWIW
The varial 5’7 is talking to me. I don’t think I want a 5’6…

did the 5’8 feel boaty?

Reactions: trifish
Apr 9, 2023
I went with 5'11 x 19.75 x 2.63 at 32.8L for my Red Tiger
My P2XL is 5'11 x 19.87 x 2.56 at 32.5L

Haven't gotten the RT in enough decent waves yet to come up with a fair verdict. I will say it paddles slightly better than the P2XL which I'm assuming has to do with the lower entry rocker. I'll report back after I get some more sessions with it
Any update on how you’d compare and contrast the 2? I Demoed the red tiger and really enjoyed it and have been curious

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Any update on how you’d compare and contrast the 2? I Demoed the red tiger and really enjoyed it and have been curious
They cover very similar range. Id say P2 gets the edge in slightly bigger surf and can be scaled up longer. RT more lift and spark in smaller waves. For me, P2 has a bigger sweet spot on the board, whereas you really need to jam on your back foot with the RT to take advantage of the deep concaves off the tail and get that max drive. RT flatter up front and slightly easier paddler. I’d surf both of them in chest to just overhead Southern California surf easy.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Short ride review on the Red tiger
- Much like the Ghost, the RT paddles like a beast. Catching waves on a shortboard has never been easier.
- Board is very forgiving when doing turns on flat sections.
- Carries great flow, easy to work your way through weak spots.
- The concaves took some getting used to, felt like it needed a more raked fin to tame it a little.
- On steeper sections, you have to be a little careful with the flat nose rocker.

Depicted below is an ageing dad bod Euro kook after 10 days of taking antibiotics. Don't be too harsh on me :)

Screenshot_20231115_210256_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20231115_211455_Photos.jpg

Jan 11, 2022
Anyone who has the white tiger also ride a rnf96? My wt is getting pretty beat up. Absolutely love the board, but considering trying the rnf. Would love to hear how they compare.

• Wow
Reactions: ReForest

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
It's tactically smart that you get your boards to look similar. I try to make certain that I do this with all my boards so the Mrs. doesn't figure out that I spent money on surfboards when I have a few already.

I treat my surfboard purchases like an act of national security and I am a spy working behind enemy lines. Loose lips sink ships.
That was the tatic that i employed back in the day ... after i realized that Mrs. Flyinrpatr had a keen skill of remembering the color of my boards as well as keeping count of the number of boards in the garage. Fortunately ... she used to travel for work on a consistent basis and so Craigslist was my friend. i was usually able to unload a board and pick up a new one while she was away for work and she'd never know as long as i went with a clear board. One time it all fell apart ... normally i'd wait until i unloaded a board before picking up a new one ... but this one time couldn't help myself and picked up a new board with the plan of listing an old board to unload the next day on CL. Unfortunately, Mrs. Flyinraptr's trip got cut short and she arrived home before i was expecting and when i was scrapping the wax off the board i was intending to sell ... the new board was leaning against the wall behind me. She pokes her head into the garage and asks what i'm doing ... explain to her getting a board ready to sell ... she comments ... "thats great finally getting rid of some of these boards" and leaves. A minute or two later she returns ... and says ... wait ... only reason you're selling a board is to get a new one" .... i respond ... i don't know what you're talking about honey i'm just following your advice and getting rid of a few boards .... She responds ... huh ... well that's great i'm proud of you and leaves again. I wipe the sweat off my brow and whisper to myself f*ck that was a close one. Another couple of minutes go by and the garage door opens and she pokes her head in again and says ... wait a F*cking minute ... only reason your selling this board is because you've already bought a new one haven't you? My only response is ... i don't know what the h3ll your talking about...but the gig was up at that point. The bottom line is one way or the other they will figure it out so you might as well just come clean. Although ... a tactic i still follow even this past week is that it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Anyone who has the white tiger also ride a rnf96? My wt is getting pretty beat up. Absolutely love the board, but considering trying the rnf. Would love to hear how they compare.
Rode a RNF last year, currently riding a WT. Aside from the obvious difference regarding fin options the WT has more lift under the rear foot whereas the rnf feels more locked in. Rails are sharper on the RNF. Overall if you're groveling a lot I'd go WT, if you're looking for more of an alternative daily driver I'd say give the RNF a shot. I'm gonna get another one at some point for sure...

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
Nice. Good surfing. Tri or quad? What size and dims?
5'4" x 19" x 2 5/16" x 26.4L
rider 5'8" 120lbs
medium pivot thruster setup on most waves,
medium pivot fronts with hayden quad rears on the last wave and the backside double foam climber, gets great pop above the lip as a quad, i definitely prefer it with a quad setup for getting the tail up and drifting.

Reactions: oeste858