YOLO ALERTS

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I've seen this happening with several board manufacturers. Burgundy came as fire truck red, pale lavender as bright pink (rails only, fortunately), dark turquoise as baby blue. Maybe it's best to send an actual sample (toenail?) or a hex code, I think it's probably easy to miss a certain shade with different screen color calibrations, print quality at the factory, them mixing the colour etc
Hex code is the answer i think

Reactions: tenover

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I've seen this happening with several board manufacturers. Burgundy came as fire truck red, pale lavender as bright pink (rails only, fortunately), dark turquoise as baby blue. Maybe it's best to send an actual sample (toenail?) or a hex code, I think it's probably easy to miss a certain shade with different screen color calibrations, print quality at the factory, them mixing the colour etc
I ordered two boards from CI some years back with the same color. The boards were ordered and made together. I picked them up when they were done and the colors didn’t match. They literally used the same paint on both boards.

The only explaination was that one board was glassed heavier.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
View attachment 178862

Precious 5'11 x 19 3/4 x 2 7/16
Astro 5'7 x 20 5/8 x 2 5/8

Great built quality. Girly colours I know....
Step deck on the precious is a trip, and we'll see how long the pad stays on for lol. Astro feels really really fun. Will be another few weeks before I'll get to surf them unfortunately.
Sick ones. I've had a couple in that color. Just be ready for all the women that will want to touch it. It can be overwhelming.

• Love
Reactions: jkb and claw87

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I go to the paint dept in home depot and grab the card with the color I want and that goes in the order card. You can';t expect it to be perfect but I think it works well each time I do it.

That green above is definitely not sage but it looks great IMO
That’s actually a great idea.
my worst color was the tomo custom x-wing from Oz during covid. Everything was by email (which was fine) and boar turned out just what I hoped, except I said baby blue / sky blue and included pics of other boars… it came outta the shipping box Smurf blue.
tmp.gif
IMG_5612.jpeg

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I go to the paint dept in home depot and grab the card with the color I want and that goes in the order card. You can';t expect it to be perfect but I think it works well each time I do it.

That green above is definitely not sage but it looks great IMO
On my Glider, I expected the glassers to be challenged, so I gave them a colored drawing, typed out an explanation, and included paint chip color cards, three modalities of understanding. This is 90% effective for conveying information to the most severe learning-disabled students.

Alas, burnt yellow came out as cherry red.:rolleyes:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I really wanna yolo a Banana Fish but I'm trying to be disciplined and wait until actual summer

Reactions: trifish

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
That’s actually a great idea.
my worst color was the tomo custom x-wing from Oz during covid. Everything was by email (which was fine) and boar turned out just what I hoped, except I said baby blue / sky blue and included pics of other boars… it came outta the shipping box Smurf blue.
View attachment 178907
View attachment 178908
This is a perfect quiver! :love: I love that Twin fin.

Is that SP2 next to the X-wing? Looking back I wish I would have kept the one Casa sold me. It looked just like that one and a better outline than the Cymatic IMO.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
This is a perfect quiver! :love: I love that Twin fin.

Is that SP2 next to the X-wing? Looking back I wish I would have kept the one Casa sold me. It looked just like that one and a better outline than the Cymatic IMO.
that's like 1/8th of his quiver