Leash strings

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Fun wave today, but broke my leash and it got me thinking - how long do your leashes usually last?

I figured all things "leash" would properly fall within the "leash string thread", correct? So what's the consensus? 6 months? 1 year? Does it depend on how often you surf?

My Veia leash lasted 15 months (that's 1 year and 3 months for the JKB's that don't like dates in months) and just snapped today. :cry:

• Love
Reactions: jkb

terdroamer

OTF status
Apr 17, 2024
from far yet near
Fun wave today, but broke my leash and it got me thinking - how long do your leashes usually last?

I figured all things "leash" would properly fall within the "leash string thread", correct? So what's the consensus? 6 months? 1 year? Does it depend on how often you surf?

My Veia leash lasted 15 months (that's 1 year and 3 months for the JKB's that don't like dates in months) and just snapped today. :cry:
Fresh water rinse after each session and how often do tou bail your board instead of duckdive :shrug: I have dakine comp leashes for a least 10 years.

Reactions: sdsrfr and sh3

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
You really have to make sure to cover the string properly when not in use - I use the sleeve from an old anti uv tshirt that has aluminum dust glued onto its outside to reflect back any electromagnetic charges or Aetheric rays..but the most important reason for the leash string cover is to keep any chemtrail residue off the string, that sh!t will eat through even the most technical fibers like nothing...

oh and dont give me that bullshit about the board is in the bag so the string should be fine.. half you goons use bags 2, maybe 3 sizes too small so the back 6 inches of the board are hanging out like some obscene plumber..bottom line protect your strings!!!!!