Jim Banks Revolution

Jan 7, 2020
I've got a magic carpet which has the same bottom contours on a HP fish template. Board works as advertised and does not need much of a wave to get going. That said, I havent found it's top end yet. I suspect I wont (in England). I'm running the Hooker fins and haven't felt the need to experiment. Great finish etc, mine is a made in indo carbon/basalt build.

Reactions: JDJ

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
This one has better dims

I'm assuming these are the "grovel" dims?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019
Norway
Visit site
I've got a magic carpet which has the same bottom contours on a HP fish template. Board works as advertised and does not need much of a wave to get going. That said, I havent found it's top end yet. I suspect I wont (in England). I'm running the Hooker fins and haven't felt the need to experiment. Great finish etc, mine is a made in indo carbon/basalt build.
Thanks, sounds like we have the same "problem" regarding wave quality :oops: Norwegian surfer here, but seems like the Revolution might we a good option for a variety of waves, even the odd good day or for traveling.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts about it? Looks super interesting.
Aren't familiar with those, but have had a few HTR boards from Jim. Never a dud among them. Jim is an amazing dude and smart shaper. His boards all held up well - until I broke a leash on a late drop DOH day at Little Rincon - the board washed straight into the rocks. Destroyed.

Also, don't order "sand" colored boards. I ordered two boards from Jim that were "sand" color, not thinking there would be any real issue about them being light brown. I got a the boards from him, opened the box, and they were pink... ermm, "salmon" colored. It was brutal. After that, I always ordered a dark green from Jim.