Customer Reviews

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I don't write reviews very often anymore, but god bless those that do. To some extent, I certainly use them when making decisions.

Reactions: john4surf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I just reviewed suction cup shower hooks on Amazon that I bought more than a year ago cause in a market where you have to wade through heaps of cheap Chinese sh!t these things were an exceptionally good product. They’ve maintained their hold in my shower for over a year now without budging and the finish looks as good as the day I purchased them. For the price I paid if they fell apart or didn’t do their job in under six months I wouldn’t have been surprised.
That's the real deal. Every suction cup shower caddy I've ever bought is a piece of garbage :toilet:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Yes but you need to be careful with reviews. There’s a lot of fake ones out there pumping up products. While you can still find good products on Amazon there’s a lot of cheap ass shitty crap to wade through
i don't believe anything i read on Amazon anymore. have bought a number of items there over the last couple years where the seller subsequently contacted me and offered me compensation for positive reviews (mostly for cheap electronics) - the whole review system is broken, imho.

and if it's a serious purchase, such as an appliance, i will get more accurate opinions from Reddit than from any one site's reviews. case in point: i certainly wish i had gone to Reddit before buying an LG fridge a couple years coz i would have saved myself a great deal of aggravation. in spite of what the Best Buy/Lowes/Home Depot/whatever reviews said, LG makes some seriously flawed appliances but you would never know that from anywhere besides Reddit. ymmv.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
That's the real deal. Every suction cup shower caddy I've ever bought is a piece of garbage :toilet:
These are just hooks not a full caddy but they’ve done the job and have held up better than I ever expected.

image.jpg

DGYB Suction Cup Hooks for Shower Set of 2 Towel Hooks for Bathrooms SUS 304 Stainless Steel Matte Black Shower Hooks for Loofah 15 LB Bathroom Hooks for Towels
https://a.co/d/6rQKL0x

I’ve had other suction cup shower accessories that would periodically just lose their grip and I’d find them on the floor. These things are solid and look exactly like they did the day I got them over a year ago.

as far as caddy’s go, aluminum is the only way to go. Everything else will succumb to rust and soap scum. I have an aluminum one in my garage that’s three plus years old and still looks like new but it doesn’t fit in any of our new showers since we moved. Id give it to you if you were local.

Or just use less products. GF convinced me to give up the bottle and now all my shower products come in bar form.

So this is all I need in a caddy…

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I found out about LG through Reddit when my fridge/freezer defrost drain tube kept freezing up and filling the bottom with water, after I'd learned to clear it and did so a few times. The kid who brought the new one just pointed at the LG when I told him about it. :foreheadslap:
Live and learn but Lowe's knows what they're selling, even their subcontracted doped up no English speaking delivery kid on a Friday knows what they're selling.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I found out about LG through Reddit when my fridge/freezer defrost drain tube kept freezing up and filling the bottom with water, after I'd learned to clear it and did so a few times. The kid who brought the new one just pointed at the LG when I told him about it. :foreheadslap:
Live and learn but Lowe's knows what they're selling, even their subcontracted doped up no English speaking delivery kid on a Friday knows what they're selling.
Currently in the market for a new fridge and was thinking about making a post. Sounds like LG is the way to go? I want something quality that’s not gonna give me any trouble along with hopefully no stupid fucking WiFi camera bluetooth bullshit

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
The real killer with appliances is the mother board. That is what always goes out.

If you can find one that doesn't have it you will be better off.

I just remodeled my place and the guy was trying to sell me up on a oven/range that matched my other appliances but the one he was trying to sell me on had a mother board.

I told the guy I just wanted it to turn on and off and I didn't need a range/oven with a computer.

He got it and I bought the Thor. Their mission statement was why do you have to pay more when we can give you the same quality for half the price.

It was a good purchase and I'm very happy with it. Thor understands and they have a great product.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The real killer with appliances is the mother board. That is what always goes out.

If you can find one that doesn't have it you will be better off.

I just remodeled my place and the guy was trying to sell me up on a oven/range that matched my other appliances but the one he was trying to sell me on had a mother board.

I told the guy I just wanted it to turn on and off and I didn't need a range/oven with a computer.

He got it and I bought the Thor. Their mission statement was why do you have to pay more when we can give you the same quality for half the price.

It was a good purchase and I'm very happy with it. Thor understands and they have a great product.
This. Stupid fucking WiFi camera bluetooth bullshit does not chill your food or wash your clothes or cook your dinner any better but it is make-work for appliance repair dudes.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
This. Stupid fucking WiFi camera bluetooth bullshit does not chill your food or wash your clothes or cook your dinner any better but it is make-work for appliance repair dudes.
Exactly!

Why buy a Viking when you can get a Thor for a fraction of the price that works perfect without the assistance of a motherboard.

1715054221451.jpeg

Appliances should just turn on and off with no need for computer assistance. At least that’s the way I see it.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Exactly!

Why buy a Viking when you can get a Thor for a fraction of the price that works perfect without the assistance of a motherboard.

View attachment 179737

Appliances should just turn on and off with no need for computer assistance. At least that’s the way I see it.
Thor makes some nice looking stuff. Just checked out their fridge.

Loving my new Weber outdoor gas grill except for the fact that it’s huge bc that was the size with the burner set up I wanted along not having the stupid fucking hi tech features I’ll never use.

Reactions: keenfish

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Currently in the market for a new fridge and was thinking about making a post. Sounds like LG is the way to go? I want something quality that’s not gonna give me any trouble along with hopefully no stupid fucking WiFi camera bluetooth bullshit
Naw mang, go with one of the old school refridgerator brands you grew up with. Not a company that makes crappy Wal Mart TVs

Would also recommend trying to take it apart in the store so you can see how hard it would be to access the insides. With Samsungs (what I have) all of the wiring and cooling gadgetry is in a super narrow area behind the inside rear panel. So dumb :foreheadslap:

Reactions: Chocki

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Naw mang, go with one of the old school refridgerator brands you grew up with. Not a company that makes crappy Wal Mart TVs

Would also recommend trying to take it apart in the store so you can see how hard it would be to access the insides. With Samsungs (what I have) all of the wiring and cooling gadgetry is in a super narrow area behind the inside rear panel. So dumb :foreheadslap:
Fck samsung appliances.

My gas stove is a samsung. The stove itself works okay but the display screen is all glitchy.

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
America!
Was great when we had it but gone down hill since re-branding takeover in 1873. I complained to all the presidents but never got a reply. They think they deserve 50 stars instead of the usual 5, talk about hype. I'll never own another one!

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

good point about being easy to fix bro
place came with a cheap whirlpool that I dont think is worth the money to fix
I just want something quiet more than any along with not having annoying features I dont want that suck

i_ride_spinnaz

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 19, 2020
I was in a sporting good store in El Calafate, Patagonia a decade or so ago. I asked the owner if he was familiar with the Patagonia brand in North America. He said, “No, they should not use our region’s name for profit“ or, words similar to that. Beautiful part of the world, really good people and food. Two of the crew took a dingy to one of the ice bergs, sawed off a chunk of ice (before there were humans according to the boat’s captain) and brought it on board where I had a nice single malt with the ‘old’ ice which was crystal clear. John View attachment 179710
I was in Ushuaia (Argentine Patagonia) a few weeks back. Quite a few high-end outdoors stores selling Patagonia gear down there nowadays, which I guess was unsurprising considering it's a main embarkation point for trips to Antarctica. Incredible place. Hiking in Tierra Del Fuego was something I'll never forget.

Feb 18, 2024
I never leave reviews but I had some climbing gear fail from black diamond, like stuff that could kill you if it fails they removed my review denied my warrant. Then I posted pictures of the fail gear on a climbing forum and they contacted me privately ask me to remove it in exchange for credit four times the cost of what I wanted replaced. Needless to say I did not remove my post or except the credit.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I was in Ushuaia (Argentine Patagonia) a few weeks back. Quite a few high-end outdoors stores selling Patagonia gear down there nowadays, which I guess was unsurprising considering it's a main embarkation point for trips to Antarctica. Incredible place. Hiking in Tierra Del Fuego was something I'll never forget.
Ushuaia is a great little town. Back in the 1800s Argentina needed a prison, they wanted it as far from populated areas as possible. Ushuaia is the Southern most city on the South American continent (prison is gone now). Great sea food! Took a ride in a Sprinter bus over the Andes (in snow) from Del Fuego to Ushuaia, white knuckle ride all the way

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz