Surfers from West Oz + San Diego missing in Mexico...

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I saw this pop up last week and didn't really want to engage because I knew this would be the outcome.

It's a bummer and hits close to home since it's familiar territory. We've been wanting to take the kids down to Baja. My MIL has been going down a bit lately.

Could have been a lot of people I know.

That being said, I totally understand the doubt some hold.

Did anything ever come of the story of the 2 lawyers at Calafia where the dude was found dead of an apparent trip off the balcony while his homegirl was "asleep in the bed"?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Saw a report claiming this all came about because the tweakers wanted to steal these guys' tires. Sad if true.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Saw a report claiming this all came about because the tweakers wanted to steal these guys' tires. Sad if true.
Crazy is more like it. That’s the story they’ve tortured out of them so far. Tires and parts. I’ve seen and heard lots of stories over the years but this is a different twist. Very sad.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Crazy is more like it. That’s the story they’ve tortured out of them so far. Tires and parts. I’ve seen and heard lots of stories over the years but this is a different twist. Very sad.
I saw a photo of the burnt out truck, the wheels and melted tires were still on the truck. This is such a sad story all the way around. The skeletal remains of the land’s owner were found at the bottom of the 50’ deep well according to one media report. Farking nightmare, crushing for the families of the Mexican, Australian and American victims. RIP

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc and sizzld1

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
This applies throughout everywhere.

Whenever foreign tourists are victims of a grisly murder it's more newsworthy because it's not the usual.
Of course.

Because getting shot in the head in a foreign country is evidently much worse and more newsworthy than getting popped in the south side of Chicago.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I just got off the phone with my friend that I used to go to PSJ with. We were reminiscing about getting shook down by Victor for cold beers in the evening and what fun wave it was on the right swell angle. Victor was a really good guy and it was his murder that was the last straw and why we stopped going there.
One of the things my friend mentioned was how many times we went there on a hunch and were the only ones there (even the fish camp deserted) and how exposed we were to this kind of situation. I don't think a bag of M80s and skyrockets would would have been too helpful in the long run....

Roboworm

OTF status
Aug 1, 2009
OC
so how were these fucks going to steal the tires off the truck anyway? Don't seeing it being like one of those NASCAR teams getting it done in seconds

Last edited:
Reactions: john4surf

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
The guys were camping....The tweakers came across them and decided to rob them. Campers fought back and were killed. Tweakers loaded the bodies in the truck, drove to the well(where they had already dumped Victor's body) and dumped them. Drove the truck a few miles away and torched it, trying to hide the evidence(the truck and whatever human remains were in the bed of the truck).

No "tires" involved.

Super sad.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The guys were camping....The tweakers came across them and decided to rob them. Campers fought back and were killed. Tweakers loaded the bodies in the truck, drove to the well(where they had already dumped Victor's body) and dumped them. Drove the truck a few miles away and torched it, trying to hide the evidence(the truck and whatever human remains were in the bed of the truck).

Super sad.
I dont think it was Victors body. He was killed like a decade ago. It was a different local, possibly the owner of the ranch on which the bodies were found according to one article.

buttholesurfer

Duke status
Dec 20, 2002
RatBeach
Sad for those young men,They did not deserve that wrongful death,Am thinking a bad decision too Cruz down and just kill everyone! butt I know that's wrong!, Here's what's gonna happen!There going to put up a stop light and walk before you cross.Meanwhile these young men families get no justice!!!!!!