Your choice for a one board quiver?

Jan 21, 2014
My 5'5 white diamond. Took it out in OH surf this past weekend and did not disappointment. Also can work in waist high junk and maybe even knee high if there is some push to the wave.

squattyfk

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 7, 2010
Reinfecting HB in the OC soon
if it had to be 1 board only..... confident i could get my groove on either a 5'4 stretch thing or 5'4 coil blur both as tri fins. all based on having one of each in the past that were not quite my preferable dims.

alaskasurfer

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 10, 2006
AK
I'd have to add the White Diamond 2 to that list. I don't have one but I have a friend that does. He has ridden that thing exclusively in double overhead heavy barrels down to knee high beachbreak and ripped it for the last year. Trips me out how much range he gets out of the updated Diamond.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Some nice boards here. The thought of only one is sickening, but if
I had to choose only one to cover the widest range, VS Shadow, no doubt.

bammbamm808

Nep status
May 28, 2008
Since I'm in Hawaii, the 6'3" I broke in half last week. A 5'10" wouldn't have enough range here. Need a li'l top end.

foamdust

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 6, 2002
Honolulu, Hawaii
Due to age (59) and physical condition (back issues) I've drifted toward riding shorter longboards. I shaped this 8'0" x 22" x 2 3/4" mini log last summer. It has a 2+1 fin set up with a 7 1/2" single fin and GX side bites. I brought it as my main ride on a trip to Indo this past Sept. It rode well enough in the waves I rode there (I stuck with the less juicy spots, which were still quite juicy) and has ridden quite well back home on Oahu too. I don't surf anything over 6ft. Hawaiian and it has even ridden well on smaller gutless waves too. I'd always bring two boards with me, a longboard and a shorter board, but now all I need is this board (I've dubbed it the "Mod Pod") and hope the waves are decent.

[img:left]http://forum.surfermag.com/photopost/data/501/medium/DSCN0808.JPG[/img]

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
bammbamm808 said:
Since I'm in Hawaii, the 6'3" I broke in half last week. A 5'10" wouldn't have enough range here. Need a li'l top end.
top end isn't a problem here generally, soft and rolling or lurchy and hollow is the main issue for a one board quiver rather than overall size.

voodoobrew

OTF status
Jan 8, 2007
Greg Griffin, cat got your tongue.? I try my best to overlook your Napoleon syndrome and only post content relative to the subject at hand. I know that you don't remember me or recognize my handle on this erbb, but I remember you vividly from my days at Gotcha,T&C and CHP. I don't know what your problem is with every post I make on this bulletin board, that you feel that you have to interject some off the wall bullshit comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Get over yourself, I realize you have your disciples that think your flat bottom designs are the t!ts. Been there and done that and have moved on, I myself am open to NEW things and if we all bought into your way of thinking, I need to leave tomorrow morning prior to 4 am by horse and buggy to get groceries! Just because you think your flat bottom 80's sh!t is the only way to go or you are so important that your CRAP take priority over all of us lowly surfers, get a life! I don't give a sh!t what you drive, what you ate for dinner, or where you are headed too! Maybe some of these chuggers on this erBB don't have the balls to call you on your sh!t, because they have never worked one on one with a shaper before! If your shapes, bottom contours, and fin placement are so ahead of their time, why net let those things do your talking?

LoneWolf10

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 6, 2011
SD

this 5'9 hamish blackstar (grovel) has blown my mind with it's range.

eps / epoxy. lightest board i've ever felt. thought that would make it suck but it has been great so far. kinda springy in a good way.

small waves it glides and slides across flat sections and can be turned like a shortboard when the wave stands up. rode it in 3ft oh beachbreak the other day and it somehow handled it. kinda maxing out but i was getting chipped in to some big sections so i was amazed it held. i never thought it would go at that size.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
voodoobrew said:
Greg Griffin, cat got your tongue.? I try my best to overlook your Napoleon syndrome and only post content relative to the subject at hand. I know that you don't remember me or recognize my handle on this erbb, but I remember you vividly from my days at Gotcha,T&C and CHP. I don't know what your problem is with every post I make on this bulletin board, that you feel that you have to interject some off the wall bullshit comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Get over yourself, I realize you have your disciples that think your flat bottom designs are the t!ts. Been there and done that and have moved on, I myself am open to NEW things and if we all bought into your way of thinking, I need to leave tomorrow morning prior to 4 am by horse and buggy to get groceries! Just because you think your flat bottom 80's sh!t is the only way to go or you are so important that your CRAP take priority over all of us lowly surfers, get a life! I don't give a sh!t what you drive, what you ate for dinner, or where you are headed too! Maybe some of these chuggers on this erBB don't have the balls to call you on your sh!t, because they have never worked one on one with a shaper before! If your shapes, bottom contours, and fin placement are so ahead of their time, why net let those things do your talking?

This is all kinds of awesome!!!

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
All that from asking this :

How long do you think it took for Monstah to glass these ?

I am having the guys at Monstah glass my Epoxy boards .

Simple , related question to yourself posting your Monstah glassed board.

I post what I make and why .

This is a sin here .

Please have your shaper-s post in detail what and why they make thiers .