You shouldn't underestimate Scotland

Nov 8, 2019
You shouldn't underestimate Scotland
We are delighted lớn announce Kelly Smith as a Betfair Ambassador throughout the Women's World Cup. In her first column, she looks at England's chances and previews their best free soccer prediction against Scotland.

They'll just want lớn get going
This tournament, for me, is the biggest stage you can play on as a footballer. The whole world is watching, it's a massive tournament now, and it's an exciting time for you as a player, especially if it's your first World Cup because you don't know what lớn expect. With the way the game is now, these young players who are in the England squad or any other national team, it will be by far, the biggest and will be the best World Cup yet.

Everything from travel lớn getting on the pitch, you can't contain the anticipation because you've made the squad and as soon as you get lớn the hotel, it all dawns on you. That's when it feels real, you pinch yourself thinking; "I just want lớn get started now."

When you're training, you're just happy that you've got your 23 players around, this is the team that's going lớn get you through the competition. I remember my first World Cup in China back in 2007 and I couldn't wait to get started in front of these crowds. There'll be big audiences in this one and some footballers will be used lớn that, some aren't, but it'll be a buzzing time for everybody. You can the refer lớn soccer tips every day page!

A lot of them will be used to the audience now; Manchester City and Chelsea players will definitely be prepared in playing in front more substantial crowds as they're used lớn playing Champions League games, in competitive and elusive competitions. And of course, England matches have higher attendances now. It's part and parcel now and it's expected.

You can expect some of the senior players, Karen Carney, Jill Scott and Steph Houghton who all have over 100 caps, who are there, to put an arm around some of the youngsters who are feeling nervous to help them along the way.

Phil Neville have gotten England to match the American attitude
I think Phil Neville has prepared his squad well coming into it. It's hard to predict what line up he's going lớn go with because he hasn't played the same XI since he's been at the helm and has rotated the squad quite a bit. But he's really tested the players, mentally and physically, in their training camp.

I don't really think you can look at the friendly against Denmark because of the Marines' training camp they took part in. They slept in tents a couple of nights before the match, a few of them didn't get much sleep, they've been training three times a day, pushing them to their limit and going into that game they were knackered. You could tell that.

Although these pre-tournament games are important, when you look at the results, you can tell that Neville has tested them to see what their limits are. And they're now ready for the World Cup.