You guys gotta read this..... (it's surfy)

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2020/07/07/local-waterman-spontaneously-combusts

Local Waterman Spontaneously Combusts
Ding Alley
Swellnet Dispatch
Tuesday, 7 July 2020
The Toonalook surf community is reeling from the explosive demise of area real estate agent and self-described alpha waterman, Matty 'Muscles' Sherman, late Wednesday afternoon.

Sherman – 36 and in magnificent condition – reportedly checked the surf from the Toona backbeach lookout before sunrise, and appeared typically excited and upbeat to fellow early risers.

“Sherm was amping on the new swell like he always does,” recounts local sparky Josh Cassidy, also checking the surf that morning, “in the space of five minutes he must have mentioned a dozen different types of craft that would suit the conditions the best.”

Mr Sherman then returned home to consult the internet over a breakfast of activated Acai based superfoods, and having confirmed no swells-of-lifetimes were unloading anywhere within a 1000 km radius – and possibly enjoying a powerwank over that recent clip of Keahi de Aboitiz kitesurfing – he then set to work through an abbreviated version of the Lairdpower™ strength and conditioning routine.
“Sherm found the training essential for his watermanly lifestyle,” good friend and occasional tow partner Linus Canning told reporters “certainly helpful for the physicality of whatever the ocean had to throw at him, sure, but primarily needed for lugging and loading various surfcraft around the place.
“Try getting a 30-foot Red Cedar SUP Ocean Racer on the roof of the Landcruiser on your own sometime and tell me you don’t need a kick arse regimen.”

Ding Alley can reveal that between 8.30 and 10.00am, neighbours report hearing Mr Sherman noisily loading his 4WD, trailer, and jetski trailer with his entire collection of surfcraft.

“At first I thought he was having a garage sale, or going camping or something” says long term Toona resident and notorious stickybeak Bea Smith, 78, “and I said as much across the fence ... he just muttered something about how I wouldn’t say that if I lived in ‘da’ islands, that no-one knows what the sea can throw at a man, and that he wouldn’t expect me to understand what deep passion drives him.

“He mentioned something about Atlantis, or Neptune, I think, but I'd already gone back inside by then and the tele was on so......"

Click to swellnet to read the whole thing. It's worth it. :waving:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Omg, best one yet.

It includes this poem:
"Did I fucken surf enough?
A million fucken diamonds under winter fucken sun
Thought those days of fucken sparkle were fucken endless
Did I do all that could be fucken done?

Hush fucken now
What the fuck’s that I fucken hear?
That gate only rattles in a fucken Northerly
That caaarrnt of a season’s drawing fucken near

So you fucken caaarrnts out there
Fucken listen to Baz’s warning call
Make the most of the rest of fucken winta
Spring can go fuck itself. And fuck you all."

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta

"Honest to God, I dunno what to make of this Medina caarnt. Does me farken head in. Like, he’s a farken machine, rips an’ all, but then he comes in after his heat, knowin’ everyone’s watchin’, turns back around to the ocean, reaches his arms out and does this weird, theatrical blessing / benediction thing, to God or Jesus or whoever, which is fine, but ya know, fark, if I had the Almighty favouring me by His Providential Hand, I’d keep it a bit more on the downlow? Like, I’d be grateful to the Big Guy, but a bit embarrassed too, like, “Thanks Heaps and all, but I’ve got a few world titles and fabulous wealth and a hot missus and Chuckles off my back, so if you wanna go hurl some healing thunderbolts at the 26 million refugees currently seeking to stay on their own Dream Tour instead, I would be TOTALLY farken cool with that.”