You Down With GPP?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Everyone here seems to loves weightlifting and mega complicated programs and if you ask me they suck, especially for surfing and for older dudes

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
so prcd what is ur routine?
I’m big on 20-45? mins of something that encourages triple extension and using major muscle groups. Simplest variation on Coach Ethan Reeves and I forget who else escalating density style. Count your sets or reps for the time period and do the same or more next time.

Any loaded carry variants are worth doing and especially if you’re old. Some old SFG instructors were posting on their forum about strength training with age and the conclusion was loaded carrying offers the best results with the least impacts on a old and already beat up rig (Ie your joints vs oly lifts).

Rn I’m fucking with a 20lb medball. The variations are almost endless. NGL throws for reps were kind of humbling.

Just look at what wrestlers are doing. Ain’t no one in more badass shape than a wrassler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I started some 5-3-1 for beginners a bunch of years ago
,bench and squats or deadlift and OHP as the main lifts
plus 50-100 accessories - a pull, a push and abs each day
third day I’ve been doing some knees over toes stuff and my knee feels fine

i tried to get beyond beginner, but it was too much to think about, and I don’t have that much spare mental energy, so I’ve been sticking with the beginner

works for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Autoprax

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
The grail of gpp complexes. At some point soon I need to add because i got a feeling ima run into some trees etc again this winter along with needing stronger knees cause I came real close to demoing my rt snowboarding

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The grail of gpp complexes. At some point soon I need to add because i got a feeling ima run into some trees etc again this winter along with needing stronger knees cause I came real close to demoing my rt snowboarding
Wouldn't it be better to do low bar squat, deadlift and overhead press with a barbell and more weight? :shrug:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Wouldn't it be better to do low bar squat, deadlift and overhead press with a barbell and more weight? :shrug:
Yes, one of the many benefits of symmetrical training is the ability to more training stimulus. I'm not saying there isn't a place for things like single leg work, but it's an accessory to the main movements. The garbage in the video is just exercise.

Reactions: PRCD

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Yes, one of the many benefits of symmetrical training is the ability to more training stimulus. I'm not saying there isn't a place for things like single leg work, but it's an accessory to the main movements. The garbage in the video is just exercise.
Tell that to Dan John next time you see him. And here’s a new acronym for you BTM.
Bitch t!ts Medicine

I carried the farmers walk bars for a 1/4 mile yesterday. Im not sure what my RPE (Rate of Penis Extension???) was. All I know is it really sucked and afterwards I felt a little sick for a few minutes lol. Goal is to the end of the road and back total 2 miles because it’s there.