YOLO to end all YOLOS…

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
I’ll tell you what…Punker Pat’s(Towersey)got a good thing going for himself. Dude completely sells out of apparel as soon as it goes live. It’s a good thing when the Japanese hipsters overseas are pumped on your stuff too

Last edited:
Reactions: oeste858 and sh3

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
. Logo printed in black at face and back face. Fin at back face.

huh?
sounds racist

Reactions: Bman76

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
OK thanks for nothing that you lot didn't explain what this is and I've wasted time off my life having to know.

So, this is his thing?

And you can't buy online because... reasons

So, it's kinda like supreme, just sh!t? And they make sh!t looking sarfborts and lilos and sell them at insane prices, therefore giving them intrinsic value.

Gotcha.

edit: I didn't understand any of the words that SSssense use to describe themselves. I lie, each word individually I understand, but the way they put themhas me confused.
• Luxury fashion tech leader and cultural resource based in Montréal, Canada

Reactions: sh3

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So, it's kinda like supreme, just sh!t? And they make sh!t looking sarfborts and lilos and sell them at insane prices, therefore giving them intrinsic value.

Gotcha.
Yes.

They gather/produce average/sh!t product to sell for a grossly inflated price.

They announce on Instagram stuff like "New bags drop 11/3 @ 7PM P.S.T"

They adjust price based on number of "likes" the post gets on Instagram.

Then post the product on said date, sit back, and snicker as the fools and their money part.

These sorts of brands are a sign the economy will soon go south.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Yes.

They gather/produce average/sh!t product to sell for a grossly inflated price.

They announce on Instagram stuff like "New bags drop 11/3 @ 7PM P.S.T"

They adjust price based on number of "likes" the post gets on Instagram.

Then post the product on said date, sit back, and snicker as the fools and their money part.

These sorts of brands are a sign the economy will soon go south.
Well explained, but still don't get it. Why do rich people want to buy an expensive lilo or a bodyboard with fins? Each of them are oxymorons which is appropriate for their targeted customer base. As a hyprocrite myself, I am currently considering some YOLO sweat pants and a hoody from Outerknown. Missed the sale, and their clothes are nice.

• Haha
Reactions: sh3 and ReForest

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Well explained, but still don't get it. Why do rich people want to buy an expensive lilo or a bodyboard with fins?
You're assuming it's only rich people buying this stuff.

I would say there are plenty of non-rich people buying it for the sake of looking cool in certain circles.

And enough people buying it simply with plans to (try) to resell at an inflated price. (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=western+hydrodynamic+research&_sacat=0)

These sorts of brands are like a veblen good/positional good hybrid.

Especially in areas like clothing it is a great low overhead business model for the seller - the actual value of the goods being sold is very low AND the brand intentionally operates with minimal inventory.

This means the seller has low warehousing costs both because they don't have much product anyway AND they're not stuck with leftover product that didn't sell.

And you don't have to hire people to manage your warehouse (which is probably a storage unit or someone's garage).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Havoc and Goodfish