YOLO ALERTS

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I’m out of town for work all week.

Wife just sent me this pic with the caption “you’re out of control”.

View attachment 134715

my reply was “get that thing out of the sun, woman!”
Rode it today.

To paraphrase Wolf Blitzer….

So lite
So fast

So…black.

Used Son of Cobra fins because they were on top of the pile.

Almost all waves I caught were backside. Kind of onshore, chest high +. Perfect board for it.

Switched to my PU Plasmic for a couple waves (same exact dims) and it less lively.

DA>PU.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Any thoughts on DA vs Venerial palmsic?
I like them both as construction options and think both will work well with the Plasmic.

DA in general is going to be stiffer, rebound faster, and dent less than Varial if you go with their stock glassing schedules.

I prefer Varial for boards like a plasmic because I find DA can be a little bit stiff when the board is on the thicker side of things. Plasmics are fun to ride in a range of conditions and I think Varial is a little bit more accommodating in those circumstances.

I prefer DA for HPSBs because I find Varial to be a little bit soft as construction for those kinds of shapes and the waves I ride them in.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Hard custom YOLOs just came in. Unfortunately, I missed them by a few days because I left for a trip so I had someone go pick them up. These were the only photos I got. They were supposed to be light pink but came out fluorescent :shrug:

IMG_0862.jpegIMG_0861.jpeg

These should be a 5'10 happy every day, 6'0 two happy, a 6'2 happy traveler, and an 8'2 pink gun.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Hard custom YOLOs just came in. Unfortunately, I missed them by a few days because I left for a trip so I had someone go pick them up. These were the only photos I got. They were supposed to be light pink but came out fluorescent :shrug:

View attachment 135383View attachment 135382

These should be a 5'10 happy every day, 6'0 two happy, a 6'2 happy traveler, and an 8'2 pink gun.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA

Holy crap. I can't imagine the anticipation for the boards on an order that large. You're a boss.
They look great.

Reactions: SixtyGrit

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014

pink? i hope u rip