YOLO ALERTS

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Bros, I need help YOLOing a mid-length. Looking for something to get me through the summer slop and east side Santa Cruz south swells with 40 thousand people on the peak. I've narrowed it down to a few options for you all:

1. Album Plasmid
2. Album Symphony
3. Rob Machado Sunday (Non-firewire version)
4. Christenson Hunstman

Open to other options as well if you all know of some prime ML YOLOs.
[[[Thinking to self: This is a YOLO thread, right?]]]

1, 2, 3, and 4 - duh.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
@kool-aid did you turn cold on the CI mid?

as for your list, I think a non-firewire Sunday could be fun. huntsman looked fun when I saw on OTR last weekend but I have a hard time interpreting ideal wave types on his models.

plasmid may be fun but I think it’s for point and go dribblers. maybe that’s what you’re looking for...

easiest to ROI if a dud would be the albums, obvi. I could see the FW crowd thinking a pu/pe Sunday being inferior tech. Lol.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
how's about a js big baron? looks like it turns better than the plasmid. yuri however says he prefers plasmid over big baron. big baron clearly more hp.

wish matt parker would have some of the models like the plasmid as custom with standard dims.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
@kool-aid did you turn cold on the CI mid?

as for your list, I think a non-firewire Sunday could be fun. huntsman looked fun when I saw on OTR last weekend but I have a hard time interpreting ideal wave types on his models.

plasmid may be fun but I think it’s for point and go dribblers. maybe that’s what you’re looking for...

easiest to ROI if a dud would be the albums, obvi. I could see the FW crowd thinking a pu/pe Sunday being inferior tech. Lol.
No, I still love the CI Mid. I swapped my 7'0 for a 6'10 and ultimately found that to be rideable but actually a bit small for the shape. I just brought the 6'10 down on a trip to El Salvador and gave it to them. Will order a 7'0 custom from Varial before the fall.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
how's about a js big baron? looks like it turns better than the plasmid. yuri however says he prefers plasmid over big baron. big baron clearly more hp.

wish matt parker would have some of the models like the plasmid as custom with standard dims.
I have a friend that has a 6'4 and he really likes it. I don't love the look of the shape for some reason but it seems to really work. I thought about it for sure. Thought about the Chili Mid Strength as well but that one just seems a little too generic.