YOLO ALERTS

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a confession to make. I bought a mini-ghost from Pyzel off the rack, and haven't surfed anything else since I got it. My expensive mid-lengths and and old man boards lie neglected while I reconnect with what a top turn feels like.
Stoked you like your Mini Ghost!! I think one of our most user friendly, yet rip-able boards.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
This one should be interesting. That will hands down be the smallest board I've ever ridden.

Not sure how it's going to go, but it feels absolutely awesome in hand. The 5'6 was just way too big for me.
You going to love it!

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
You going to love it!
Wow man, you were right. Rode the 5'3.5 plasmic with the new Brit Merrick twins today. What a fun board! I like it A LOT more than the 5'6 that I had.

I was a little bit concerned because they say to ride it 3L - 5L over your daily driver. This one is 31L which puts it squarely in my DD liter range. I was surfing it in fairly pumping SH-HH waves today and it was totally fine. In fact, I'd say I was downright impressed by how well the board handled the conditions.

It was super fast and still super loose. The board in this size doesn't seem to have any trouble going up at the lip either front side or backside and is definitely a rocket down the line. I found the 5'6 to be really fun in lined up point waves but I think it was too much board to wield in beach breaks.

The Brit Merrick twins are pretty huge for an upright twin and they felt really good in the board. Plenty positive and loose at the same time. I kind of don't understand how it turns so well given that the board has virtually zero rocker.

Also on a side note. I kind of hate futures. More YOLOing this last year = more futures. Can I please just get a board with futures where I don't have to go absolutely HAM on the fin to get it in? I never have problem with FCS2.

IMG_8542.jpegIMG_8543.jpeg

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Also on a side note. I kind of hate futures. More YOLOing this last year = more futures. Can I please just get a board with futures where I don't have to go absolutely HAM on the fin to get it in? I never have problem with FCS2.

View attachment 119161View attachment 119162
+1 on the futures bum out. I bought two boards this year with futures and have spent
more time sanding fin bases to make them fit and scouring for micro cracks in the fin boxes than I care to recall. Plus the fit seems to be all over the place depending on the fin manufacturer. I ordered two customs with fcs2 from two different shapers and the boards were routed for futures for fvcks sake. The first one resulted in a respectable compensation offer which I decided to take… the second one, not a chance in hell…rush order with the correct fin boxes, please. Not interested in going down a futures path.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Wow man, you were right. Rode the 5'3.5 plasmic with the new Brit Merrick twins today. What a fun board! I like it A LOT more than the 5'6 that I had.

I was a little bit concerned because they say to ride it 3L - 5L over your daily driver. This one is 31L which puts it squarely in my DD liter range. I was surfing it in fairly pumping SH-HH waves today and it was totally fine. In fact, I'd say I was downright impressed by how well the board handled the conditions.

It was super fast and still super loose. The board in this size doesn't seem to have any trouble going up at the lip either front side or backside and is definitely a rocket down the line. I found the 5'6 to be really fun in lined up point waves but I think it was too much board to wield in beach breaks.

The Brit Merrick twins are pretty huge for an upright twin and they felt really good in the board. Plenty positive and loose at the same time. I kind of don't understand how it turns so well given that the board has virtually zero rocker.

View attachment 119161View attachment 119162
plorgasmic has some magic sauce but you have to ride it short. I assume the EAST version is very different in that regard.

Reactions: sdsrfr