YOLO ALERTS

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Because your responses most of the time (IMO) tend to seem more negative than positive, less helpful than negative. In other words, you often come across like an asshole, even if it’s not your intention. (IMO)
I met Duffy in person. He's a super nice dude. And twice the size of everyone on this forum....so I'd watch what you say. :nana:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

Racerguccis’ Organic Handtied Leash Strings
‘Each loop is designed specifically for your plug. Don’t be fooled by imitators. There are those who know and those who knot’
This is genius. I could make a real slick user interface that surfers can upload pictures of their leash plugs and then we suggest specific leash strings (like Warby Parker), but it's all actually the same leash string just photographed at different angles.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Nah

Just done with helping other boards work better . No shaper does this -

New 3DM shaping machine coming to Cocoa Beach in 2 months - yay

Run on shape 3D which is the best to travel with in the near future
Griffin has been a broken record on fins made for the board. I agree it’s the best option if available. I also believe if the shaper knows what kind of fins I use they can make little adjustments for best performance. I used to get Arakawa’s when he was still with HIC, right on the order form Eric would ask what fins are you using besides the fin system.

What’s tripping me out on this long thread is $1000-$1400 YOLO boars with no fins and no guidance on which fins would be optimal for said boar. Then asking Griffin for help in making a custom set of fins made with a base to improve fin position. Greg you’re a hero for doing that and I totally understand why you would not want to do it anymore.

When I work on a house I absolutely hate it when I have to fix another contractors f*ck ups. Or when the homeowner tries to paint or prep themselves and just gives up after a sh*tty job and calls me to fix it and make it look great.

Im anti-YOLO. I believe in supporting a local shaper and building a long term surfer/shaper relationship. But I get the thrill of trying new and shiny things. Hope you guys post up the crappy YOLO experiences too.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
You’re just saying that because I know where you work.

And come on, man! I’m only 50% bigger than everyone.
i don’t doubt he’s su
I met Duffy in person. He's a super nice dude. And twice the size of everyone on this forum....so I'd watch what you say. :nana:
I don’t doubt you. You know how many people I’ve met from this forum that are super cool in-person, but act like a-holes online? I don’t get why there has to be a disconnect. Act like you would in-person and there’s no disconnect.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
i know I know show us your YOLO or get off our thread. Sorry.
@silentbutdeadly if your ordering a custom from a shaper you’ve dealt with before not YOLO. YOLO seems to be white knuckling an online order or CL listing and hoping that extra 2liters or minus 2liters doesn’t effect the boars magic dust before you press buy at 3 in the morning.
I’ll shut up now. Still gotta watch out if Caroline’s bf is gonna jump me from behind. Haha.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
For whatever it's worth, I sent a note to Trimcraft asking about sizing on the 5'6" Will's Fish:

"The Wills fish fall right in between your classic twin fin and a high performance twin fin.
Volume is roughly 34 liters, but that is an approximation since all of our boards are handshaped.
Picking sizing is typically 2-5" shorter than yourself, 5'6 is on the shorter end but if your currently riding board in that size range then it'd be a safe bet!"
There's no way this is the case. I have a Varial 5'6 and I'd venture the board is 30 - 31L. The board does NOT paddle that well.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
i don’t doubt he’s su

I don’t doubt you. You know how many people I’ve met from this forum that are super cool in-person, but act like a-holes online? I don’t get why there has to be a disconnect. Act like you would in-person and there’s no disconnect.
this has always puzzled me as well

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
i know I know show us your YOLO or get off our thread. Sorry.
@silentbutdeadly if your ordering a custom from a shaper you’ve dealt with before not YOLO. YOLO seems to be white knuckling an online order or CL listing and hoping that extra 2liters or minus 2liters doesn’t effect the boars magic dust before you press buy at 3 in the morning.
I’ll shut up now. Still gotta watch out if Caroline’s bf is gonna jump me from behind. Haha.
You might have missed the early threads where we defined YOLOs. Internet OTR YOLOs take precedent. But we also decided it was cool if you rage order a custom driven by deficencies in your quiver.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
You might have missed the early threads where we defined YOLOs. Internet OTR YOLOs take precedent. But we also decided it was cool if you rage order a custom driven by deficencies in your quiver.
Yep it’s hard to follow. 40 pages. Makes my head spin.
Props to Griffin for making other shapers boars better with his fins and knowledge.
Props to Mr J for working on making a better archer and not just looking for that fugly resin swirled magic arrow.

Reactions: Havoc

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I want to passive aggressive order a custom:

5’9.5” x 19 61/64” x 2 13/98”

Reverrse goofy foot Asym: fusion box toe side, red-x front heel side and o’fishl rear heel side.

resin tint only the first 4oz layer on deck, clear bottom, clear second deck layer but foam stain the hot coat.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
i don’t doubt he’s su

There‘s no body language online. I could say something in person and type the same thing online and you could have two totally different interpretations.

Knowing this (and being lazy) I don’t really try to be “nice” online. My posts are usually short and to the point which probably comes across as assholyish.

Also when I “insult” people it’s usually just a case of ball busting.

You should hear how I talk to my friends. If you saw it written down…..

Jul 18, 2018
There's no way this is the case. I have a Varial 5'6 and I'd venture the board is 30 - 31L. The board does NOT paddle that well.
Well you would know better as I haven't actually surfed one yet.
Just sharing what Trimcraft said \:shrug:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
None of my yolos were online orders. I bought them all face to face with the seller.