YOLO ALERTS

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Duu are those all your rejects? Mo bettah get Martial or Uncle Keone make you one.
Nah none of those are mine. The 5'4 I'm pretty sure is a guy from my local who bought it after seeing mine. I repeatedly told him it's not a groveler (but you can grovel with it), I told him that cause he's a bottom feeder who sits on the inside catching little double ups.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Anyone have experience with the Will's Fish?
I'm very tempted to YOLO one from Varial but don't know much about it, sizing, wave range etc.
I'm thinking about going for the 5'6". I'm 5'11, 170, and mostly surf East Coast beach break in thick rubber.
I hope you went for it. These things absolutely rip. One of my favorite TKF of all time.

They aren't the easiest TKF to surf that you can find on the rack nor do they grovel super well...

But when you get your back foot over the fins and push on it, be prepared for a real good time in avg to good surf.

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I feel like these shapers, rusty included, should take a smaller margin before they try to charge the price of an otherwise erbb-approved design.

That said, I'd love to jump on any of these shapes, and would be tempted to yolo stringered xtr, but, eh, I think they burnt that bridge.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Anyone have experience with the Will's Fish?
I'm very tempted to YOLO one from Varial but don't know much about it, sizing, wave range etc.
I'm thinking about going for the 5'6". I'm 5'11, 170, and mostly surf East Coast beach break in thick rubber.
Surf mine in NJ. Board goes insane. Just do it.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Speaking of supply chain issues... Ordered this monstrosity back in April but due to a delayed shipment of blanks from Aussie land, only ended up getting it two days ago. Just in time for the end of the big swell season in Indo :foreheadslap:

Nine foot two of board that I'm scared for the day when I need to use. Woot woot

View attachment 117627

View attachment 117628
Sooo, when are you coming to NZ?

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Sooo, when are you coming to NZ?
Hahaha maybe when your island stops being an impenetrable fortress of zero Covid-ness...

Not sure I want to travel with the 9'2 though, how about if you just bring your Desert Storm to Indo instead?

Reactions: Maz

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Hahaha maybe when your island stops being an impenetrable fortress of zero Covid-ness...

Not sure I want to travel with the 9'2 though, how about if you just bring your Desert Storm to Indo instead?
Not a bad idea :)

And things are finally happening down here. Elimination has been discarded, and there is talk of opening to the world.

Reactions: Aruka

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Not a bad idea :)

And things are finally happening down here. Elimination has been discarded, and there is talk of opening to the world.
Nice, glad to see reality is catching up! Australia is building internment camps, so that's cool too I guess.

But yeah, Indo border is pretty much open at this point, it's game on time

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Will be a while before we'd be able to get back into NZ. So many have been waiting for MIQ spots. This is a VERY cautious govt.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Why you sellin' the twingsam? I know you have posted about being hot and cold on it. Too much cold?
Yeah pretty much. Since it doesn't grovel well it competes for the same slot in my quiver as my thrusters and for me it just isn't as predictable and easy to shred on. I think I over sized it and that's part of the problem. I would like to try one an inch or two shorter and quite a bit thinner but I doubt that will happen any time soon unless I sell a bunch more boards.

Reactions: MathDebater and JDJ