YOLO ALERTS

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I’ve seen loads of very well made boards from Thailand, and plenty of over priced garbage from USA “craftsman.”

Made in USA is sadly the equivalent of “hand-breaded” chicken strips at a fast food joint in many cases - a truly revolutionary design feature BTW.

Reactions: live4swell and sh3

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Good point..

Every single Thai made board I've owned has been excellent. My California made Rusty has sandthroughs and patches.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I’ve seen loads of very well made boards from Thailand, and plenty of over priced garbage from USA “craftsman.”

Made in USA is sadly the equivalent of “hand-breaded” chicken strips at a fast food joint in many cases - a truly revolutionary design feature BTW.
I'm guessing they're made in the GSI factory in Tieland. JS HyFi made there too and the Chilli TT along with many other no namers. Looks decently made but it's a Murican board maker selling domestically. Maybe they can't handle the volume stateside or possibly it's just that much more profitable to make the boars over there? Had my last HyFi buckle lightly on the deck, lucky I was changing the wax and caught it shortly after. Was in Bali and took it to the ding man, he said it's a common occurrence in all the boars coming out of that factory, Fireturds included

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Good point..

Every single Thai made board I've owned has been excellent. My California made Rusty has sandthroughs and patches.
bro, embrace the uniqueness of a handmade item crafted by an artisan. LOL

Also, this just happened...
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 3.03.52 PM.png

Thanks Santa!
Figured I "needed" a squash thruster SB. #quivergap
Was all decided to go XTR yesterday, then this stoke one in my dims popped up today. Stocked for some instant gratification

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
bro, embrace the uniqueness of a handmade item crafted by an artisan. LOL

Also, this just happened...
View attachment 120147

Thanks Santa!
Figured I "needed" a squash thruster SB. #quivergap
Was all decided to go XTR yesterday, then this stoke one in my dims popped up today. Stocked for some instant gratification
i checked out a stock 5'11 one today and it felt money under the arm