YOLO ALERTS

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Ummm, wrong. One of my fav fish everrrrrrr
Mr. Steve - thanks again for the nudge toward the Will's fish!

I got the 5' 8" . It was too big for me. It worked out well and sold it to a fellow erBB. I saw the promise in the board and grabbed a 5' 4". I only had a few surfs on the 5' 4", not the best waves yet for the board's potential. So far It is a fun board, very balanced. I am actually amazed at how well it paddles. I was worried based other's experience with the board. It doesn't have that Plasmic squirt of speed, but I think it will handle the upper end with more composure.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Sorry first one didnt work out. Maybe I should have prefaced with I've been riding over my volume due to getting old... But yeah, i've only ridden mine in chest-head +, and it shined. Very responsive, no sliding out, and these waves are mostly backside for me

Reactions: oeste858 and j_mac

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Sorry first one didnt work out. Maybe I should have prefaced with I've been riding over my volume due to getting old... But yeah, i've only ridden mine in chest-head +, and it shined. Very responsive, no sliding out, and these waves are mostly backside for me
No worries, the volume mistake was on me. I am digging the board, so thanks for the recommendation.

***And since someone asked offline, ironically I found the 5' 8" didn't paddle that great for its size and volume. The 5' 4" paddles better. Likely my position on the board relative to its shape/rocker.

Reactions: oeste858 and sdsrfr

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
@kool-aid that's a fun looking 3 pack. nice variety!

didn't you already have a CI Mid or am I misremembering?

I'm guessing this means you dig the Two Happy groveler...

So bummed I missed the 5-10 Twinsman Cabron. That's what I get for surfing instead of sitting online hitting refresh on the varial stock page.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019

So bummed I missed the 5-10 Twinsman Cabron. That's what I get for surfing instead of sitting online hitting refresh on the varial stock page.
Admit it, you're just working up the courage to pay $150 extra to get the Twinsman on Album's website....

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
with shipping it's more like 250 extra :cursing:
I agree it is like $300 plus difference when ordering from Album without any of the additional perks Varial offer (e.g. the under arm test and can return - if anyone does this - haha). Varial ships the board ASAP, I get the board the next morning - super satisfying with the YOLO impulsive purchasing!

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco

You're right. I do but it's a 7'0 and it's puke green and I hate the color. I'm gonna sell it and ride the sh!t out of this one instead.

And yes, I do like the two happy groveler quite a bit. I was patiently waiting for a 6'0 to hit the varial stock boards page...

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Have you ridden the Patterson yet? I only keep asking because I wanted to YOLO that one :) it disappeared from my cart and (not surprisingly) ended up on this thread.

Ended up getting the 6'1" IF15 that they posted shortly after. Same dims. Don't know whether i'd prefer a 6'0" or 6'1" but the 6'1" is an incredible board.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I used to love black coffee but I tried some of that Laird sperm and wow I really like it. Just enough sweet but not too sweet.
My wife used to hate coffee but she likes black coffee with laird creamer in it now.

I just put a teaspoon amount.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Usually I'm the same, but this was definitely a situation where curiosity killed the cat.
My mother in law would ask me if I wanted coffee but always forgot I like it black and serve it with milk and sugar:foreheadslap: RIP...This was Costa Rica coffee made with coffee sock and real sugar but still stuck to black:shaka:

Reactions: trifish