YOLO ALERTS

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Speaking of supply chain issues... Ordered this monstrosity back in April but due to a delayed shipment of blanks from Aussie land, only ended up getting it two days ago. Just in time for the end of the big swell season in Indo :foreheadslap:

Nine foot two of board that I'm scared for the day when I need to use. Woot woot

one.jpg

two.jpg

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Bummer, Javier not recommending the build I ordered, said way too flexible. Might be adding carbon, but I hate the way they look. might cancel and go veneral.
Just get the same exact board with a stringer?
I put in info for the same type of order you put in and local pickup (Xtr is maybe a mile away) and it was more than your order price because of tax. Non-local Ftw!

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Speaking of supply chain issues... Ordered this monstrosity back in April but due to a delayed shipment of blanks from Aussie land, only ended up getting it two days ago. Just in time for the end of the big swell season in Indo :foreheadslap:

Nine foot two of board that I'm scared for the day when I need to use. Woot woot

View attachment 117627

View attachment 117628
No one should ignore that. You're winning. That is beautiful. God I love guns.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Bummer, Javier not recommending the build I ordered, said way too flexible. Might be adding carbon, but I hate the way they look. might cancel and go veneral.
there's a 5'9 on venereal's site that you could yolo.

just curious, what're you wanting to change about your current 5'8 twinsman?

Reactions: MathDebater

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco

View attachment 117627

View attachment 117628
Wowwww. Carreras are one of my favorite guns. What are the dims?

Reactions: Sam_K

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Wowwww. Carreras are one of my favorite guns. What are the dims?
Yeah the Carreras are great. I'm always amazed at how easy it is to make a beautiful turn, even when you're moving 100 mile an hour and the wave is hollow.

9'2 x 20.25 x 3 1/8

I wanted something stupid thick, like 3 3/8 but they said it wouldn't fit in the blank. 3 1/8 was as big as they could go.

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Yeah the Carreras are great. I'm always amazed at how easy it is to make a beautiful turn, even when you're moving 100 mile an hour and the wave is hollow.

9'2 x 20.25 x 3 1/8

I wanted something stupid thick, like 3 3/8 but they said it wouldn't fit in the blank. 3 1/8 was as big as they could go.
Very nice. Not a huge difference between 3 1/8 - 3 3/8 from a volume perspective. But I'm surprised they couldn't even fit 3 1/4 in there which would the minimum standard for a gun of that legnth. Some of the shapers are going thinner and flattening the decks through.

Reactions: Sam_K

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD

View attachment 117627

View attachment 117628
Holy fvck that is a sexy board. I might download this to my secret folder.

@Sam_K is there a side of you that is kinda relieved that it got delayed?

• Haha
Reactions: SirKooksALot