YOLO ALERTS

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Such a gg cliffhanger.
I mentioned how much money is seen in a board builders video - Building rent - machine etc. Not matching the #'s

The person I was speaking to said there is a female worth over 200 million backing it - it all made sense :)

Tiny bit of surfboard world .

Glass shops moderate what they glass now they are so booked , instead of scratch for rent willing to do any work a few years ago.

Listening to their new business theory was fun .

Reactions: Mr J and Havoc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I mentioned how much money is seen in a board builders video - Building rent - machine etc. Not matching the #'s

The person I was speaking to said there is a female worth over 200 million backing it - it all made sense :)

Tiny bit of surfboard world .

Glass shops moderate what they glass now they are so booked , instead of scratch for rent willing to do any work a few years ago.

Listening to their new business theory was fun .
So which Matt Parker surfboards did they ride and what were their complaints about the boards that they rode?

Reactions: MathDebater

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I googled Lovelace cnc and this article in mens journal came up.

so… he sells machine cuts now?
I have Lovelace files on my hard drive that are over ten years old. It was my understanding that he made the files himself. They were horrible IMO. Arguably some of worst files I have ever seen. And I've seen some bad ones. No wonder he didn't like them. I hated for them to be in my shop. Stick them in the corner and hope nobody sees them material. Garbage in, garbage out.

And belief is a powerful thing. I call this phenomena "the lucky socks factor." If an athlete believes in lucky socks, he will suck without his lucky socks. If a shaper believes he makes magic boards if he sings Happy Birthday while he shapes, then he will "feel the difference" when he doesn't sing Happy Birthday to his blank. Hallelujah and amen.

Last edited:

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
He has put his theory to the test: “I think those of us that are really dedicated to hand-shaping feel the difference. I’ve done the experiment on myself and tried machine-shaped versions of my boards, then hand-shaped one, and I just feel happier on the hand-shaped one. I think what it is is the connection between the person building it and the actual board.”
Sounds like he knew which one he shaped and which was cut. Not a real test. He needs to ride them "blind." Shape one, have another made to same specs. Have them glassed identically so as to be indistinguishable to him.

Reactions: MathDebater