YOLO ALERTS

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I was joking(sort of) I think it's excepted in the scientific community that sharks see contrast as opposed to color
my next board is going to be digital camo(snow)....
for real

:shark:

• Love
Reactions: waxfoot

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Reactions: oeste858

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Paddled my yellow 5-7 shark lure out to a kelpy off shore reef wave to surf alone this evening. Chest to head high + with shifty peaks and both steep and soft sections. Got to test the upper range a bit and I'm not mad about how it felt. Definitely not the conditions I intended this for but it handled pretty well. It definitely felt a little too fast and wanted to outrun the pocket a little but it never slid out or anything and I had a handful of waves that chugged along and allowed for some fun turns. Near the end of the session I was starting to feel pretty in tune with it but I was so freaking cold I couldn't stay out any longer.

So far it's better as a surfboard than as shark bait.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
It did go to a forum member (not me), but its up to him to reveal himself
Haha - guilty! Thanks for the previous overly favorable posts on this board, which sold me on it.

Amazing service - purchased Monday mid-morning, shipping $40, got the next day! Wow - the board is light. This is my first Varial. They provided quick responses on fin recommendations - purchased the piggybacks arrive Friday. I have the Machado keels in it now if I can separate from the current work overload.

I am done, I have been overly yoloing as of lately.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Paddled my yellow 5-7 shark lure out to a kelpy off shore reef wave to surf alone this evening. Chest to head high + with shifty peaks and both steep and soft sections. Got to test the upper range a bit and I'm not mad about how it felt. Definitely not the conditions I intended this for but it handled pretty well. It definitely felt a little too fast and wanted to outrun the pocket a little but it never slid out or anything and I had a handful of waves that chugged along and allowed for some fun turns. Near the end of the session I was starting to feel pretty in tune with it but I was so freaking cold I couldn't stay out any longer.

So far it's better as a surfboard than as shark bait.
Did you run it as a quad?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Did you run it as a quad?
Aye. AM2 techflex. Felt aboot right. I'll probably go with more upright quad set next session. Such a wide tail it's hard to imagine preferring it as a thruster but maybe Twin+trailer for micro shat? Will have to sit back, grab my favorite drink and refresh my memory as to what Mr. Salsa preferred in his. S-Wing? Am I remembering that correctly? I have a set of those somewhere...