YOLO ALERTS

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah, hope the boar is a good one but the web stuff is just odd. Imma give that shaper the benefit of the doubt and assume he is not tech-savvy and just outsourced it to a lazy/unscrupulous web designer. But you'd think he'd want to describe what potential customers are being told when they look for info on his various boars. It's lame.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
There was a whole booth of boards with logos stating made in X

But really made in Y

No shame anymore
More ! :)

The first person to make a website for me did so after picking a board up for a freind .

He started making boards while making good money at oceanic cable

He took a Tokoro shape to a machine service and asked to have it scanned

They said no can't do that - Wades shaping here right now !

He made a website for himself and used my history as his own .

He did okay but went back to college

He now has a doctorate in Psychology ,written a book and just received a multi million dollar grant .

Shameless board building pays off once again !! :)

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Did you quote your own post? Haha.

Thetes a shaper that’s getting some buzz right now that Wade and Kerry helped in the beginning. Sharing templates and techniques. When he started his own brand he would tell customers that his boars were just like Tokoro’s but $100 cheaper. Duuu evolved into a good shaper/designer from feedback I heard about his boars. But too many examples of shadiness that I’d never trust him to build me a boar.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Interesting that they glassed it 646. If I was going to get a Varial I'd 100% get at least 644 but maybe even 646 isn't too bad? As a personal preference I would always rather give up a bit of performance to get more durability and less chances of snappage

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Interesting that they glassed it 646. If I was going to get a Varial I'd 100% get at least 644 but maybe even 646 isn't too bad? As a personal preference I would always rather give up a bit of performance to get more durability and less chances of snappage
646 varial feels about like a standard glassed PU board. definitely not as heavy as a 646 PU would be.

they still dent pretty easy tho.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
646 varial feels about like a standard glassed PU board. definitely not as heavy as a 646 PU would be.

sh!t, that's a buzzkill. For some reason pressure dents drive me crazy. I think I'm slightly neurotic or something.

If 646 varial feels like normal PU, maybe I would get 666 with epoxy infused or just get carbon wrap.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
sh!t, that's a buzzkill. For some reason pressure dents drive me crazy. I think I'm slightly neurotic or something.

If 646 varial feels like normal PU, maybe I would get 666 with epoxy infused or just get carbon wrap.
yeah deck dents don't bother me overly much but bottom dents kinda suck. i dunno if epoxy resin or carbon will make much of a difference. carbon i could see helping but it's still tbd. i'll know in a couple/few months. i have a feeling it's just the nature of the foam. they surf nice, anyways.

Reactions: oeste858

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
yeah deck dents don't bother me overly much but bottom dents kinda suck. i dunno if epoxy resin or carbon will make much of a difference. carbon i could see helping but it's still tbd. i'll know in a couple/few months. i have a feeling it's just the nature of the foam. they surf nice, anyways.
Ok well thanks for the info. I have heard a lot of good things, I'm thinking about getting an Insanity or a Sabotaj as a good wave board in Varial tech.

Looking forward to the carbon wrapped Varial review

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
There’s a 5’6 will fish on Varial site.
addrd to cart. $1,250 landed.
why am I like this?
Id have been all up on it had it been stonk dims.

My plasmic is 644 but compared to my stonk pu/pe album it’s super light under arm and while sirfung.

overall pleased with the denting - less than my experience with CI pu/pe boards from 10yrs ago.