YOLO ALERTS

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
It doesn’t. Even if you believe what our overlords are telling us, they are saying that you wearing a masks protects others, not you.

I can’t believe we’re still stuck here.
From the research linked below:
"...research shows that they cut down the chances of both transmitting and catching the coronavirus"

Not sure if you're conducting your own comprehensive studies, Duff. But here's what the people who've spent their entire careers studying these sorts of things explain about the studies they've conducted. WARNING: they use words like DATA, control, evidence, etc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
From the research linked below:
"...research shows that they cut down the chances of both transmitting and catching the coronavirus"

Not sure if you're conducting your own comprehensive studies, Duff. But here's what the people who've spent their entire careers studying these sorts of things explain about the studies they've conducted. WARNING: they use words like DATA, control, evidence, etc

Article is a year old. It focuses on droplets. We now know covid is spread as an aerosol.

Might want to look at the most current data.

There is no correlation when comparing areas with strict mask mandates and areas with no mask mandates and rates of infection. None.

Also, sixtygrit is wearing a cloth mask and we now know with certainty that those don’t do sh!t.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
MSN is your best source for this?? You're oversimplifying. It's spread from both droplets and aerosols. Huge range of sizes can both contribute to spread. But in response to your claim, The abstract:

"Cotton, the most widely used material for cloth masks performs better at higher weave densities (i.e., thread count) and can make a significant difference in filtration efficiencies. Our studies also imply that gaps (as caused by an improper fit of the mask) can result in over a 60% decrease in the filtration efficiency, implying the need for future cloth mask design studies to take into account issues of “fit” and leakage, while allowing the exhaled air to vent efficiently. Overall, we find that combinations of various commonly available fabrics used in cloth masks can potentially provide significant protection against the transmission of aerosol particles."

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
MSN is your best source for this?? You're oversimplifying. It's spread from both droplets and aerosols. Huge range of sizes can both contribute to spread. But in response to your claim, The abstract:

"Cotton, the most widely used material for cloth masks performs better at higher weave densities (i.e., thread count) and can make a significant difference in filtration efficiencies. Our studies also imply that gaps (as caused by an improper fit of the mask) can result in over a 60% decrease in the filtration efficiency, implying the need for future cloth mask design studies to take into account issues of “fit” and leakage, while allowing the exhaled air to vent efficiently. Overall, we find that combinations of various commonly available fabrics used in cloth masks can potentially provide significant protection against the transmission of aerosol particles."

Again with the outdated studies.

Also, from your bolded portion….”can potentially”.

In real world settings the potential was unrealized.

New Jersey and New York had the strictest measures in place yet have a higher death rate than Florida where there was virtually no restrictions or mandates (and a very old population).

Reactions: ReForest

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
For the sake of this holy Yolo thread I’ll stop. But citing Florida an the lack of verifiable testing that happens there is laughable. Look at hospitalization rates right now in unrestricted states.
yolo on…

Reactions: rowjimmytour

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
... So I got that new fish... seems to go pretty good. Curtis was a pretty cool dude. Here's his website: https://woodinsurfboards.com/
https://woodinsurfboards.com/shortboards/voodoo-child/

Low rails, low rocker, and a complex bottom contour, this board can handle a variety of conditions. This is more or less the mini-version of my glider design. Great for trim and glide keeping it smooth and casual for the expert and also a great design for the novice to cruise on and gain style points. This design also rides the barrel well on those stiff offshore days and the added length will let you sit deeper than the rest of the pack.

Word for word description copy of Christenson's C-Bucket. :shameonyou:

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City

Low rails, low rocker, and a complex bottom contour, this board can handle a variety of conditions. This is more or less the mini-version of my glider design. Great for trim and glide keeping it smooth and casual for the expert and also a great design for the novice to cruise on and gain style points. This design also rides the barrel well on those stiff offshore days and the added length will let you sit deeper than the rest of the pack.

I think thats probably the case for most his models like his fish as well :/ ... https://trimcraftsurfboards.com/models/rich-fish/

Maybe he just has a lame web designer :shrug:

• Wow
Reactions: j_mac

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA

That’s f’d up. Cant blame web designer or anyone else when it is ur business.

Reactions: waxfoot and sdsrfr

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Trimcraft

Rich Fish
This little puppy is based on the tradition of the classic Keel Fish championed by Rich Pavel for decades. When people say there is something different about Rich’s boards, they aren’t lying — the sheer amount of hidden curves and refined touches that are packed into roughly 5 feet of surfboard is nothing short of magic. Extreme down the line speed on less than impressive waves is the staple of the classic Keel Fish, but hold on to your shorts when that epic day comes, these Rich Fishes are more capable in real surf than you’d ever imagine.

Woodin

Ziggy Star Fish
Based on the traditional Keel Fish Design by Steve Lis & Rich Pavel in San Diego in the 1970’s. When people say there is something different about a SD fish, they aren’t lying. The sheer amount of hidden curves, contours, and refined touches that are packed into 5 Feet of surfboard is nothing short of magic. Extreme down the line speed on less than impressive waves is the staple of the classic Keel Fish. These SD Fishes are more capable in real surf than you’d ever imagine.

Yikes...

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Well this is killing my YOLO stoke.
I wouldn't worry about it. Its a bit of a slip up and laziness from an advertising point of view, but considering that it is totally acceptable to copy surfboard designs far more important is how was the retail experience and finished product?