YOLO ALERTS

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
View attachment 157970

Boar came out pretty light. 5’8 x 20.25 x 2.75. Vol. 35 L Double set in a single concave with vee. Fins are 8 1/2 forward from tip. Rails are pretty full.
That's a beauty, man. I also liked the template shot of the deck. ENJOY! Seems like a good board for groveling in 'more powerful' waves than one would find in CA. Single to double to vee is a proven winner.

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Rode the Wild Card this morning in some gravel waves. Got a deep walled up wave about chest high and made all the sections but washed out on the wrap at the end. When I paddled back out Jeannie told me that was the fastest she’s seen me surf. I kinda felt insulted haha.

The boar works great. Paddles and catches waves easy. Goes fast, gets on rail. Everything a gravel boar should do. I wasn’t feeling it. Not the boar just surfing gravel waves. I gotta be in the right mind set to surf small waves.

Bright part of the session. I waited way too long for a set. Finally got one about shoulder high. Flew down the line and saw two longboars paddling out. Tried not to be too obvious and did a roundhouse right in front of Justin. I should’ve went in but I paddled back. Told Tom and my BIL I think I sprayed Justin. They both laughed and said oh yeah he turned his head and you got him so good he was shaking the water out of his hair. Little victories.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Rode the Wild Card at the regular this morning. Waves were a little bigger and my attitude was much better for surfing small waves.

Got a couple of nuggets. Boar flies and gets on rail. I got a wave that kept giving me corners and did a bunch of top turns and wraps on. I two staged a couple to see how hard I could push through. Next wave got a double up and did a decent feeling roundhouse. Later did a figure 8 that felt nice, the off the lip rebound wasn’t as smooth as I’d like but it was a make.

All I need now is a 6’0 twin pin for paddling into barrels and I’d be set. Haha.

Saw Ryan the prez of T&C out. He was riding a Makani shape that they’ve been working on. A 5’5 that’s a little shorter, wider and thicker than his normal hpsb. Boar looked spicy. High performance step down. Ryan said he’d struggle if he was riding his normal boar but was lighting up the sections. Not sure the model name or even if they are done with r&d but looks like a fun one.