YOLO ALERTS

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Pretty sure these are the two Owl Chapman boards he mentioned he ordered which doesn't sound that far off based on other stories
Him and a few other shapers on the north shore are like that. Brewer kind of passed that down.

There is a reason so many of DBs business ventures failed.

I would tell the shaper, whomever it was, to kick rocks.

Some of these guys make like you should be honored they're making boards for you. ridiculous.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Yeah, either way lesson learned. I stopped by his shaping bay and had a chat. Neither of the boards were sitting there complete so it's not like he's trying to schlep someone else's order off onto me. 8'0" blank was sorta roughed out and looks on the money, great outline. He told me I should go thruster because it'll work better in the waves I want to ride it, "trust me" etc. 9'0" is at the glasser's so didn't get a look at it.

At this point I'm just gonna see how they turn out and go from there. It's honestly less of a hassle to just turn around and sell them on CL for full price than it would be to get in a fight over this.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yeah, either way lesson learned. I stopped by his shaping bay and had a chat. Neither of the boards were sitting there complete so it's not like he's trying to schlep someone else's order off onto me. 8'0" blank was sorta roughed out and looks on the money, great outline. He told me I should go thruster because it'll work better in the waves I want to ride it, "trust me" etc. 9'0" is at the glasser's so didn't get a look at it.

At this point I'm just gonna see how they turn out and go from there. It's honestly less of a hassle to just turn around and sell them on CL for full price than it would be to get in a fight over this.
I take back my "Is this a joke?" comment.

When the shaper knows the waves I'm looking to surf I let the shaper tell me what I need.

Sounds like he is doing that. After the fact.

I would be very irritated.

I'm guessing he knows all the waves you're getting board for very well from personal experience.

If the boards aren't up your alley once you ride em then that's you and the shaper not getting along in surfing terms.

EDIT: He put colorwork and pinlines on without your consent adding $200 to the total? I would tell him fvck off TBH.