YOLO ALERTS

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My latest YOLO that I grabbed earlier this summer. I was a little hesitant about it being so wide but it turns out this became a really fun summer boar. I just glide right into the smaller stuff but still get in nice carves when I feel the need. View attachment 115919View attachment 115920
I had a 6' Aipa stinger single shaped from Ben (RIP) friends dad gave me out of his garage when I was in high school. Magic board shame I left her stashed in bushes for cutting class and she was found:drowning: I really like my it2win stinger twin but it has pretty aggressive rocker and is pretty foiled. Is your Aipa pretty relaxed rocker to flat with full rails?and you ride as single?

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I had a 6' Aipa stinger single shaped from Ben (RIP) friends dad gave me out of his garage when I was in high school. Magic board shame I left her stashed in bushes for cutting class and she was found:drowning: I really like my it2win stinger twin but it has pretty aggressive rocker and is pretty foiled. Is your Aipa pretty relaxed rocker to flat with full rails?and you ride as single?
This is the Big Boy Sting with fairly low rocker and thinned out rails. At 8' it's actually more of a mid length but that's why I bought it. I tried a 9' in Hawaii and had a blast on it so that I'd try the trimmed down version. I've been running NVS quads on it as I'm still looking for the right single fin but they haven't let me down. It's a great board for those knee to chest high days when you just want cruise and practice your carve game. I did take it out on a couple of HH days at a beach break and found the limit for it. I'm sure it'd work beautifully on point surf at that size.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
This is the Big Boy Sting with fairly low rocker and thinned out rails. At 8' it's actually more of a mid length but that's why I bought it. I tried a 9' in Hawaii and had a blast on it so that I'd try the trimmed down version. I've been running NVS quads on it as I'm still looking for the right single fin but they haven't let me down. It's a great board for those knee to chest high days when you just want cruise and practice your carve game. I did take it out on a couple of HH days at a beach break and found the limit for it. I'm sure it'd work beautifully on point surf at that size.
True Ames Ca classic (my fav) or 4a hard to go wrong with:shaka::shaka:

Reactions: SrPato

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I'm worried about the major yolo order I put in. An 8'0" single fin for small waves and a 9'0" single-fin gun, both glass on. Get a call from the shaper today, 9'0" is gonna be an inch wider than I ordered and the 8'0" is gonna be a thruster. Oh and tack on an extra $200 to the balance because he told the glasser to put some color and a pinline on them.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see them finished, but man wtf.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I'm worried about the major yolo order I put in. An 8'0" single fin for small waves and a 9'0" single-fin gun, both glass on. Get a call from the shaper today, 9'0" is gonna be an inch wider than I ordered and the 8'0" is gonna be a thruster. Oh and tack on an extra $200 to the balance because he told the glasser to put some color and a pinline on them.

ah man, i would push back on that before you get stuck with some stuff you didn't even order.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

Fuck that.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii

Wonder if you're shaper had someone not pick up an order or something and decided to try and sell them to you.

Either way, I'd be really unhappy. I once ordered a 7'0 quad and it came out a thruster. I was pissed and should have just initiated a charge back on my CC. But, I was too young to know any better and just took delivery.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

I have never bought an OTR board that I didn’t want.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020

I'd tell him to fuk off and demand my deposit back. He's telling you how the boards going to be built? Wrong, he works for you and gets paid to complete the board as ordered. And he's trying to charge you extra for HIS stuff up? :roflmao:
guy sound like a fuking clown and needs to get slapped upside the head :foreheadslap:

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Is this a joke?