YOLO ALERTS

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Is the 5'6 Superchunk a microlight? If so, want to sell it? I have a 5'4 too small for me now that I want to replace. Let me know, thanks.
Not microlight but pretty damn light. I got it from MrSteve and believe it’s stringerless EPS with a biax layup done by DarkArts. Need to make sure the new one has the same magic before I list it in classifieds / CL.

Reactions: obpmem and Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Still like this? What’s the top end?
Depending on how they are sized the top end is pretty high. My 6-2 swallow felt like it really started coming alive in the overhead and juicy range and I dont know if I ever really felt it top out beyond the fact that it was a 6-2 and id start to want more paddle power. The tail is narrow, similar to a ghost.

Reactions: spjones123

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Am I remembering right you made a list of albums, and the insanity was just kind of middle of the list? Was that because it didn’t get going until the waves were good, or you had better boards when the waves were good?

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Am I remembering right you made a list of albums, and the insanity was just kind of middle of the list? Was that because it didn’t get going until the waves were good, or you had better boards when the waves were good?
Yeah even though it was mid list for me it was a solidly good board. Just kind of felt like I oversized it and it was glassed heavy so it really needed some juice to come alive which put it in kind of an awkward position in my quiver. I just end up favoring longer boards when the waves get bigger at home. I still think it is a great design and would consider another one in shorter dims with a normal glass job as a daily driver/tube shooter. Would make a good travel board I think too.

Reactions: oeste858