Yeah, I’m going to wear gloves. What’s it to ya?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
It's almost like this is digressing into a paddling thread. Regardless, lightly cupped but relaxed hands. Don't force the fingers together. Don't slap the water & don't throw water. Easy little things... but mostly think 'quiet hands' on both entering and exiting. That's my experience, for what it's worth.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It's almost like this is digressing into a paddling thread. Regardless, lightly cupped but relaxed hands. Don't force the fingers together. Don't slap the water & don't throw water. Easy little things... but mostly think 'quiet hands' on both entering and exiting. That's my experience, for what it's worth.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
My hands got reaaalllly cold a couple sessions in late November or early December - the last couple times I trunked it (with a 1.5 mil top). Like so cold I couldn't open my truck. It actually had me kinda worried since there was no reason they should have been that cold and the rest of me wasn't really too cold. Now I've been in a 3/2 since then and haven't had the slightest bit of cold hands (feet, yes). Usually my hands do get cold in a 3/2 this time of year, but not this year. Very strange.

On topic: Never worn gloves, never will. Too many warmer water waves to ever have to wear gloves IMO and thankfully I don't live in a place that requires them.