Yay! Another war over oil!!!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Couple thoughts and observations, some may be conflicting...

- 1. I have to admit that I do find it questionable that a rebel group has the hardware and training to fly armed drones into Saudi Air Space and precisely target an oil facility without the support of a larger nation.

- 2. Isn't all of the evidence that Trump/Pompeo are using to point their fingers at Iran sourced from the same intelligence community that couldn't be trusted when they said Russia hacked the election? Why are we to believe them now?
1. I'd buy this if it wasn't Saudi Arabia. That is a country full of entitled worthless mouths living off oil revenue, chock full of religious fundamentalists. I thought the Iraqi military (the ones that surrendered real gear to ISIS assholes in Hiluxes) and the Northern Alliance (non-Taliban) Afghan military were useless, but Saudi Arabia is new and improved levels of uselessness. If the Earth's countries' military competence were WSL circus fin clusters, Saudi Arabia is BackFinBeth with a Wavejet x Samsung Medina pro model. I could take Ben Gravy's GoPro, tape it to a $10 gas station quad copter, with his receding blonde mop screaming "FOR THE DREAM NUB NATION" from a ladder while I used kite fishing rigging to drop baloons filled with gasoline and a lit wick onto just about any target in that shithole. As long as a woman wasn't driving the getaway car I'm sure sh!t would be no worries.

2. How do we even know the intelligence community is saying this? Trump and Pompeo saying that they're saying it makes it less likely, not more so from where I'm sitting.

Personally I don't have a problem with Iran having nuclear weaponry. Who are they going to attack? Iraq? Israel? Saudi Arabia? A nothing of value was lost that day trifecta. I'd prefer the deal but that's done so roll with Trump's sanctions and tell Saudi Arabia to unf--k its own problems or let every member of the House of Saud die with a flaming tire around their necks, preferably uploaded to LiveLeak with some slick terrorist techno with Arab lyrics unironically decrying gaiety.

My car gets good gas mileage and it's going to cool off and be cyclable again. $5/gallon gas was awesome; I-95 was noticeably less busy.

Reactions: Kento and Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
is that a REAL tulsi gabbard tweet?!

maybe it's early and I'm gullible....

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Trump went from offering 15 billion to locked and loaded, nothing like consistent leadership.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Couple thoughts and observations, some may be conflicting...

- I have to admit that I do find it questionable that a rebel group has the hardware and training to fly armed drones into Saudi Air Space and precisely target an oil facility without the support of a larger nation.

- Isn't all of the evidence that Trump/Pompeo are using to point their fingers at Iran sourced from the same intelligence community that couldn't be trusted when they said Russia hacked the election? Why are we to believe them now?

that evidence is 100% accurate when they agree with it.